I do miss my son. All morning I've been wondering what he's doing, hoping he's having fun and making friends.
This morning I have also been thinking of a blog post I read last night. Sean told one of the most powerful stories I have ever read on the act of forgiveness. I was in awe when I read it, and I still am. If you haven't read it, pop on over. His act of forgiveness turned out to be such a gift for him, for his father, and others. It really moved me. I will probably carry his story with me forever. Forgiveness is such a difficult thing and he showed how to do it well. Good character impresses me more than anything, and Sean really shines. Sean is also Ang's blogger of the week.
My dogs are really out of sorts today. They have not eaten their breakfast, are snippy with each other, and are clingy with me. They normally enjoy a good hour outside in the fresh air, but today they just want to be reassured. They miss their boy.
I am toying with the idea of a little mini-vacation. When I pick my son up, I don't want to come home on I-35 because that drove me crazy, the stop and go traffic, for 1 hour 35 minutes. Yuck. There's no way that will be cleared up by the time I pick him up. So I've been looking at Google maps, and I'm thinking of coming home through Wisconsin. I would love to stop somewhere for a boat ride on the Mississippi.
I'm toying with it. Food is an issue, as there will be small towns and no major restaurants where I can easily figure points--that's true of the places I want to stop. You have to live, though, and figure that stuff out. Changing one's lifestyle puts a damper on getting in the car and going. You have to plan ahead. Easy to do when you have chain restaurants and can figure points.
Will think on that.
Sounds like fun! I know people that have done it and they loved it.
ReplyDeleteYes, take a side trip! It will be fun!
ReplyDeleteNo babe..go..get a salad ask for no cheese dressing on the side..dip your fork in it with each bite..
ReplyDeleteget poached eggs on toast.
get a fruit plate
get steamed veggies
(see I'm learning all these things on the road..LOL)
You can do this too!