A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.18.2009

Wow

If this man is as good a doctor as he is with bedside manner, which I highly suspect he is after Googling him, wow.

He walked in the room, smiled, looked me in the eye, said "hey" instead of hello, which immediately put me at ease...just wow. Answered every question, went through all options at length. Took my complaints seriously, was upset that I'd been suffering for a few years--just wow.

Ablation it is. If that doesn't work out, we'll do a hysterectomy. He believes ablation will work well for me.

Now I just have to wait for his office to call me to schedule.

Same-day surgery. He said those women that work go in on a Friday, have the procedure, and are back to work on Monday.

Wow.

I'm not so scared anymore. It's amazing what a good doctor, with good communication skills can do for a person. I told him how badly I cramped after the biopsy, and he is going to give me some medication to start before the procedure that will help with recovery. He did confirm that my uterus is spasming, which is what I figured.

I am so relieved to have this appointment over with. I am so relieved that it went well, that I liked him, that he took his time with me, and gave me options.

~~~
I can't remember how this came up, but I told him I'd lost almost 30 pounds and had been exercising until after the biopsy. Gosh, he was animated congratulating me. lol We talked about overall health for a bit, kept congratulating me, told me to keep up the good work, etc. My GP, my new GP that is, she didn't even do that -- but she was focused on doing that biopsy and the ultrasound. That felt good. lol

The hope of not having pain like I've been having...tremendous relief.

Wow. What a mood lifter.

The best thing I ever did was go out on a limb and get a new doctor. Bless you, Dr. S., and my new OBGYN Dr. G.

20 comments:

  1. I am so HAPPY that you loved your new doc and that he listened to your every word~ I hope this works for you and you get some much needed relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! Finally some answers. And just to ease your fears even more, I worked in surgery for 7 years & worked GYN/urology most of the time. The ablation is very simple & I'm sure you'll do GREAT! Did he tell you what method they will be using? They all essentially do the same thing...char the lining of your uterus.
    When are you having it done?
    I'm glad you found 2 doctors that you really like; that makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you. Glad the new doctor was so great and you feel so relieved. Sounds like it will all be over and you'll be feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end of the worrying might be as gratifying as the end of the pain.

    Very good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you found a good doctor. They can be hard to find. He sounds like he is going to take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like having a doctor you trust, and getting answers. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you! I like that you have options...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent news. You must be very happy. Glad that you are able to it, and so quick. You must have good insurance! lol

    Here's to NO MORE PAIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((((hugs))))
    Glad today put you at ease..You can do it girl!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad the news was good, and the Dr. is a "keeper". Just all round good stuff today. Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good doctor AND good bedside manner? That is a BIG deal and makes all the difference when getting treated. I am so happy to hear that Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. good drs are so hard to find..hope everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's soo good! Nothing better than finding a doctor, it'll be great to be without pain!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent news!!! A good doc truly makes all the differnce. I really hope this is a turning point for you feeling better :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Jo, :)
    I'm glad that you found a doctor that listens to your complaints with an open mind an an open heart. I hope he can help you live your life pain free. Good luck with your new Doc. I love mine! I'm lucky. I found him 30 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow.
    That seemed to go amazingly well. I am so glad things are looking up for you. You totally deserve some good things! *hugs* I really am beaming after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is wonderful Jo! I know you must feel like you lost a 20 pounds with the weight of all that worry being lifted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you had a good experience with this doctor, and that you'll be without the horrible pain soon.

    ReplyDelete