A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.19.2009

Good Morning, It's Sunday

I'm awake, coherent and I even know what day it is. I just ate some cinnamon toast and I'm wondering whether or not I should take a pain pill. That's a huge step up from yesterday!

Yesterday was bad, really bad. Late afternoon, early evening, my belly distended. It blew up like a helium balloon, it hurt, and, well, I was gassy. Sorry to be so gross, but I use this blog as my memory. lol I popped tums and drank diet 7-up trying to burp. It's not really a spa weekend when you are trying your hardest to fart and burp to get a little relief. My poor family! lol My 13 year old thought it was funny and that kind of thing really doesn't bother my husband, but I was a little red in the face.

It was also bad in that my rib cage, cramps and abdominal muscles were so bad that I could no longer pull myself out of bed. If I needed up, I had to holler for a pull. That absolutely disgusted me. What a wake-up call to my poor physical shape. It was humbling.

Toward the end of the evening, my sweet son suggested we watch The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio, my all-time favorite movie. I wasn't watching, but listening. The only position that was comfortable for me was kneeling on the side of the bed with my head resting on the bed. Yes, I was like a child saying her bedtime prayers--and yes, I actually said a few. Not long after that, I crawled into bed and fell asleep during the movie. I love that movie so much, and it always makes me feel so good, I think I was able to relax enough to drift off.

I started bleeding a little last night, too. Up til then, nothing. My son gave me a neck and shoulder rub that was like heaven on earth. My neck was so sore, and his magic fingers just melted the tension away. This morning all that pain is gone!

Yes, yesterday was a real wake-up call to me. I just can't believe I'm in such poor physical shape. Even my calves hurt, which I haven't been able to figure out. It is time to get more physically active, to strengthen my body. It's time to get serious.

My weight has been awful.

Friday, before surgery, it was 245.5
Saturday morning it was 254.5
Sunday morning it was 251.5

Yesterday I consumed 27 points, not hitting my target of 31. It was an all-carb day. Crackers, chicken noodle soup, toast, pudding--nothing healthy but everything soft.

I know this is no fault of my own, but I absolutely HATE the fact I will have a gain with tomorrow morning's weigh-in. It had been a goal of mine to not ever have a gain. I could have lived with a stay-the-same, or my .5 losses, but a gain...ugh. Yes, it is circumstantial, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll put surgery to the side of my weight on my side bar. lol

I think it's going to be a much better day. I think instead of a prescription Motrin, I'm just going to take half that amount from my OTC bottle. I'm feeling so much better.

I am so thankful that my family put up with my whines, moans and groans. They've been wonderful. And I did sit down with hubby and talk again about the flowers. He told me that he thought it was hilarious, and even told his mom about it. He felt a little embarrassed that he didn't think to get me flowers, but he so gets my sense of humor. Whew.

9 comments:

  1. How about just putting "no weigh in due to surgery" and giving your self this weigh day off. I mean, you DID just have surgery and it sounds like you are quite a ways from being over it and you have all of that against you, so your weight shouldn't even been an issue for a few days. (my opinion) Good for you for sticking with your points through such stress! YOU, dearie, are the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain hopefully it will start getting better soon. I have to agree with TOPS lady I think you should give yourself a break considering you have just had surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do they say? No pain, no gain? I know it sucks now but think of how much better you will feel in the long run. You need to give yourself a break. A gain this week it TOTALLY understandable. Or maybe you can fart a lot before tomorrow and lose a little.

    Once you feel better, you can Sweat to the Oldies again and head back down the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are steadly feeling better! Give yourself a break from the number on scale. Just do your best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Jo, why weigh in this week? It wouldn't be an accurate representation of your eating, and it would most likely just be a mental downer. You had surgery - give yourself a break!

    Glad you are feeling better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously recommend weighing every two weeks. Just forget about the scale and concentrate on living while you make some really incredible changes to your food and exercise behaviors. Then, every two weeks it's like Christmas time---and sometimes, you'll never even know about a temporary gain here and there.
    Your circumstances have been tough lately, but you're coming out of this stronger and in better condition than before.

    You're gonna be fine, better than fine...You're going to be great my friend.

    blessings
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weight doesn't count right now! You are in recovery. Take care of yourself! Going under general anesthesia makes your body sore. I can't remember why, but the drugs they put you on makes things worse. So, don't feel bad! Also, your body just had a trauma, it's probably holding onto to every bit of everything while it's trying to mend itself. So, this doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on getting better (and for managing to make me chuckle a bit too - amazing) - you will feel a lot better soon, I promise!

    If you do weigh-in, it should be taken with a grain of salt - your body has been messed with and the weight will most likely be all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel much better soon, missus! But once you get over this you are going to be soooooo much better in the long run. :D you are a trooper. just take some time for your body to get back to normal. *hugs* do not stress about the number on the scale, seriously.

    ReplyDelete