TMI ahead, I'm talking about poop. Quit reading if you find that crass.
This morning, I woke up late, went potty, weighed, poured a cup of coffee and hubby came home. We visited while I drank my coffee. I told him I was up a pound.
Our discussion:
Hubby: Have you pooped yet?
Me: No.
Hubby: Do you normally poop before you weigh in or after?
Me: I normally do No. 1 & 2 before hopping on the scale.
Hubby: Go do your business then hop on the scale again. That will be your true reading. Be consistent.
I did. Ahem. The scale read 238. Down a pound from the earlier weigh in.
I'm still leaving the gain on the side bar. I didn't have time to post this as I showered and we headed out the door. It's been on my mind all day. Did I gain or did I stay the same?
My conclusion: It doesn't matter! If I was to the point where it was in the back of my mind all day, I'm making way too much out of it. It's just a number and in the scheme of my journey, it means nothing.
I do know this: My dad is up in heaven laughing his a$$ off. And if he could speak, this is what he would say: I always knew you were full of shit.
Sorry for being so crass, but sometimes I'm like that. And my dad really would have said that had I actually told him about it--but I probably wouldn't have told him. lol
~~~~~~
We had a great day today, and I'll post some NSVs and some pictures later tonight or tomorrow!
OH Jo - that is so funny about your Dad!
ReplyDeleteI am with your hubby though - I always try to get everything I can out of my system (so to speak) before I weigh in - you never know how much it can change the outcome!
Thanks for the evening chuckle : ))
Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteYour post made me laugh! I do the same thing!
ReplyDeleteThis was a hilarious post!! I plan to adopt your "technique" at my next weigh in!! hahhahhaa
ReplyDeleteWe've done the same thing...I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking like this!
ReplyDeleteJo Sh*t, Gettin' Fit.
ReplyDeleteWe're all about poop at our house. We think it's funny, awesome, etc. However, my body senses weigh day and usually refuses to help me out then. I knew it had to be a fluke for you today, but a good wake up call nonetheless. If you check out my blog you'll see I've had a not so great week, but I did it today--stayed on track!
ReplyDeleteThat's just too funny! (Your DH is right, BTW)
ReplyDeleteLOL! You're hilarious Jo. You sure need to poop before the weigh in. Better results!
ReplyDeleteJeez, speaking of poop, I should have weighed in after my drive to work today. I had to make 3 stops for that exact reason. One stop in McDonald's (didn't buy anything), one stop in Hardware store and another in the produce store. My goodness, I probably lost another 2 pounds at least. LOL!!! I was so glad to get to work, knowing the bathroom was only a few feet from my desk.
well now, I feel better about weighing in naked. lol.
ReplyDeleteYesterday when you said weighing was the SECOND thing you do every day, I knew just what you meant. somehow, I just *knew*
ReplyDeleteI know it's weird, but my weight usually goes up a pound when I weight in after I do #2. So, even though it is normal to want to use the weigh in after, I usually go with the first one. I guess I'm just strange..
ReplyDeleteAs long as we're sharing icky, I'll go on record saying I weigh in post poop as well.
ReplyDeleteThe thing about weight loss is that while a lot of it is inspiring, motivational and big picture stuff, there's a whole lot of little gross things along the way.
You are funny, I read myself in those words which made it even funnier lol. Glad the scale is back down.
ReplyDeleteahahahaha! Love this post!
ReplyDeleteAnd no, it's not just you being crass.. this journey brings about the most awesome, interesting, perplexing, annoying, and intriguing discoveries about us and our bodies. Hey, it's all natural; Everyone poops :)
(isn't that a book or something? lol)
Yep...I've done the same thing. ;) I ALWAYS go with the lower number, though!
ReplyDeleteHA!!!!! That's hilarious! Girl, you know I would count the lower number! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words on my blog-they were so sweet and really lifted my spirit :)
Always, always poop before you weigh ;)
ReplyDelete