A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.24.2009

fabulosity

Thank you for all the comments today! I was thrilled with the loss.

We have not started school. We start Sept 8 as we follow the local school district's schedule. I am enjoying every last second of freedom, believe me! I still have to map out our science and math for the year. Ugh. That's on tonight's agenda.

When I plan menus, I shouldn't assign days to what we're having. I forgot to thaw chicken, so orange chicken was out. I was going to put the ham in the crockpot, but it was noon when I thought of it--too late. So, we had twice-baked potatoes tonight. Talk about fabulosity! (Hey, I watch The Housewives of New York City, I'm hip, that's where I learned that word. lol)

Dinner was complete silence. Everyone was busy eating. When we were done, I asked, "So, is this a keeper?" A loud yes from both my boys! I thought it was a yes, too. Instead of having a half serving--or rather, one serving, I had an entire potato. We all did. The thing is, that made us short on protein. I asked what the boys thought would be good for a protein choice, and of course hubby said steak. Son complained about the innocent animal that would have to be killed in order for us to have steak. Oy. I can't quite afford that many points for steak, so I'll have to come up with something else. It was so good. I love it when I find something that makes everyone happy.

This will definitely be a favorite side dish in the future, too. If I can come up with a good protein match, though, it will definitely be a staple! I made mine just like Aimee's recipe, but the boys made their own with Promise, full-fat cheese, etc.

We're going to take the doggies for a walk later tonight. I have to work on exercise this week. My exercise calendar is pathetic. My triglycerides won't get lowered unless I get out there walking or moving. My heart won't get stronger, etc., etc., etc. It just goes to show, I'm not a multi-tasker. When I get busy with other things, I let that fall. That should come first. My back's been hurting a lot lately, because I'm not moving.

Why is it so easy to forget or overlook something so critical to our health?

12 comments:

  1. I think it is because we are used to putting everyone and everything else first...

    Glad the din din went well. I am going to try that recipie for sure now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that pleases the entire crowd is definitely a winner! And a keeper!! Sounds yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about adding some lean ham cubes into the twice bakeds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOWWWW!! I have an idea. :) hhhmmmm.... my mouth is already watering. :) LOL
    you could make a stuffed baked potato... stuff it with chicken. I had something similar at calim jumper AGES ago. It was a sweet potato though (regular would be just as yummy); it was cajun stuffed. No idea what the seasonings/ingrediants were other than the chicken, cajun and sweet tater. But you could do something with cut up chicken, and flavors of the baked potato. Cook it WITH the chicken in... just omit for your son. I may have to do some research on it... cause I'm excited to try it. hahahaha!! And I don't eat taters. So... if I find something... I'll share with you.

    Good luck on figureing something out. OH! With my hubby, the rule is... if he wants red meat, he cooks it for himself and I make chicken for me. So you could do the same thing. Just buy 1 steak for him (or 1 large and cut it in 2 for 2 dinners for him). Just a thought. :)

    Way to go on the weight loss. you really are stellar at losing every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We add vegan bacon into our twice baked potatoes! Yum, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just amazing. A loss every single week. You are made of awesomeness. :)

    I've been off the treadmill for the last 2 days (Sat, car shopping for 9 hours w/ boyfriend...Sun, roommate got in car wreck). Boy could I tell a difference in just missing 2 days. Finally got back on this evening and pushed myself to 3 miles for the first time. So proud of myself, and feel worlds better. Not only great for the body, but also great for the mind. Those 42 minutes were gone before I knew it!! Loving the feeling of this sweat-soaked shirt right now....I should really go take a shower instead of catching up on blogs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to overlook our own health when we're taking care of everyone else! You're only as good to others as you can be for yourself so make time to go for a walk and take care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. surgical recovery takes a lot out of you...Good for you getting back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like barbecued chicken with twice bakes or even sloppy joe meat. Yummy! Making me hungry for tatoes. We're having mac and cheese with beef and veggies--our kids like it and hubby makes it so it's a winner all around for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Two Kittehs have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! It's so nice when recipes turn out well.

    Working out is tough. I've been slacking a bit myself. I wish I could offer more advice beyond "just get out there," but it's all I got. Now if only I would listen to it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woot. I love it when you cook someone something and they really really enjoy it. On the rare occasion I do its a great feeling :D

    lol im not a multitasker either x

    ReplyDelete