A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

9.10.2009

Aaargh!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

I can't keep up with anything but school. I've been trying to figure out my exercise stuff, too. My house is a pit, laundry is piled up--it seems I have double laundry now that hubby has to dress up for work and then changes when he gets home, I have furballs floating on my floor and I don't even care anymore...and I'm so behind on blog reading I don't know that I'll catch up.

My son's medication has been causing him insomnia. When he can't sleep, I don't sleep well because I wake up listening for him or else I hear him get up. In the morning he's tired due to lack of sleep. We're hoping that this changes as he becomes used to the meds again. This has made me one very tired mom.

This chaos usually lasts 2-3 weeks when we start school. It's such a jolt to the system. Then things will settle and we'll be in our routine. Until then, Calgon, take me away. If only I had time for a nice, long soak. =)

The good news, the pain is all gone. That's its history, it comes and goes. Crazy.

13 comments:

  1. Glad the pain is gone, but really sorry about finding balance right now..Just put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walkin' out the door..LOL..Okay maybe not that way..But you know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sweet pea. Go to bed for a while. Forget the blogs, let the chores pile up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take it easy on yourself! We homeschool as well, and it definitely is an "easing" in process for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house is usually disorganized, but about every two weeks we have a big cleaning-fest. Today's the day! And with regards to your last post on soda pop, have you tried sparkling water? I drink that instead of my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper now so I can get my carbonation fix. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((HUGS))) Jo, have you checked out homeschoolspot.com? It's great for support and ideas. I love it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry it's so crazy for you right now! I hope things settle down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you know this is temporary, and you will get through it! Hang in there! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I'm glad the pain is gone, I'm sorry to hear craziness seems to have replaced it. :)

    I hope he adjusts to the meds soon so you all can get some good sleep. Trying to get through busy days on less sleep is stressful.

    I hear you on the laundry! I swear dirty clothes reproduce like rabbits.

    Hope you get to have a restful weekend.

    Take care,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I told our kids yesterday that this would be their last year in public school for a long while. So in the fall I'll begin my new career as a full-time teacher.

    You're scaring me a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it makes you feel any better, know that I'm struggling with it, too. I think all homeschooling families get their whole lives turned upside down for awhile each September!

    Remember: This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate with the chaos. One of the things that I do when I am finding myself short of time, is count my house cleaning as exercise.

    Sparkpeople says it's good exercise, and it is! Really! (just like skipping). In 2 hours I can burn 600-800 calories (according to my HRM), and then I feel great, because the house is clean--I killed 2 birds with one stone if you will :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry things are so hectic Jo...I know it's rough to get settled into the new schedule. I posted some progress pics tonight, when you get some time to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh I can so relate. My house is atrocious and I have 350 unread blogs in my reader. Yikes! I hope things settle down for you!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete