Thank you, Fed Ex, for delivering on a Saturday!
I immediately popped in The Firm: Power Sculpt, which is a 20-minute toning DVD.
I ****loved**** it!!!
Yes, me, who hates, fears and runs hiding from anything weighty, toning, etc--yes, I loved it!
I'm not in the best shape strength wise, and I did the tape without the bar--to learn the moves and get used to it. The instructor was cheery, the music was--well, elevator type but it fit the workout and was pleasant, and the workout, without the stick, had me pouring sweat immediately.
This is *just* what I was wanting and hoping for. It will take me awhile to build my strength up, so I'll be doing this awhile. I am happy!
I ordered two other The Firm toning DVDs which I have not watched yet. I will build up to those, but for now, I'm happy that I'm going to be able to move in the right direction without fear, allowing myself to be girly, and enjoying it!
~~~
I love my Richard Simmons cardio DVDs, but I have a sneaky suspicion I am going to be checking out The Firm's collection.
~~~
Oh, happy day!
I'm so glad you liked the workout! You go, strong woman!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved Tom Cruise in The Firm.
ReplyDeleteYay!! I love The Firm as well. I have the original 3 workout set with the Fanny Lifter. :) I don't use it as much as I should though. Maybe you're inspiring me to break them out again this upcoming week! :)
ReplyDeleteFunny, but I thought you were talking about a different version of "The Firm" too-lol!
ReplyDeleteGlad you like your new workout videos. They will definitely help you tone and build muscle which as we all know speeds up the metabolism, burns more fat, etc. All good!
Enjoy and you go girl!!
LOL Jack's comment. And good for you, enjoy! I am an outdoor workout girl, but the outdoors offers little in the way of upper body strength, so I may have to check it out. Better than the gym!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! If it makes you enthusiastic to exercise...it is money well spent.
ReplyDeleteHey girl. You'll need to Read Monday Morning's blog, okay..That's all I can say..Other than I've been lurking and I'm so happy and proud of you!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm relieved you like the videos. Now I want them! You made me covet!
ReplyDeleteI loved the firm as well.
ReplyDeleteuntil I tried the firm, however, I TOTALLLLY MOCK IT :)
Woo hoo! You're ramping it up!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Oh, you are giving me the urge to go give my credit card a workout over at beachbody.com or something...
ReplyDeleteIn a few weeks time, I want front row tickets to the gun show :)
Keep up the awesome work girl!
I will have to check them out now. Glad you liked them! :-)
ReplyDeleteI need to increase what I'm doing for strength training, too (using elastic bands). I like following video for this sort of thing, maybe I'll check out Firm. Thanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! It's great to find something you love!!!
ReplyDeleteyah hoo! I am glad you like your new exercise video, and i also appreciate your kind comments on my posts. I am glad you are doing so well. Hope your homeschooling year is going well.
ReplyDeleteChris
That a way! Its always good to mix up your workouts and try different things. It helps to work different muscle groups. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I think I may check that out too. :)
ReplyDelete