the phone rang in the second half. And then I talked for the rest of that hour, plus another half hour.
What happened to the gal--was it Tracy--who got sick? That scared the you-know-what out of me, and to be honest, that's one reason I do not like TBL, I think it's too much, too soon. My point was proven. With the coach, too. I was greatly relieved to see all the doctors, all the tests, all the scientific study.
I haven't watched TBL since season one when Caroline Rhea was the host. I watched part of the first season, thought it was sensationalism, and gave it up. Plus, I really didn't like Jillian. (Ducking and running for cover!)
Tonight? I enjoyed watching the contestants tell their story. I actually had tears on my face as the lady told about losing her family. I enjoyed the medical aspect. I could not stand Jillian or Bob--is it Bob? And then the phone rang.
That kind of attitude does not fly with me. If I was yelled at like that, I'd be the first one to say FU and walk out the door. I have no room in my life for that militant behavior. I detest it. Really. lol But it sells. I would be the one who would walk out the door and say, "I'll show you" and do it on my own.
OH WAIT....I am doing it on my own. At a slower pace. Without a Body Bugg. My husband grew up on a ranch, so I'm with a former rancher, just not on a ranch. lol
I'll watch the show this season. I know I won't like the screaming one bit. I'll keep an open mind. I'll probably enjoy the rest of it. The only reason I even turned it on is that when I started my blog last February, bloggers would talk about the show. I had no idea who or what they were talking about. I kind of want to be in the loop. Plus I'm on a similar journey--mine is slower, just as serious.
I'm hoping bloggers will recap the show tomorrow since I missed the last half. Next Tuesday I'll just have to not answer the phone if it rings. lol
I've watched it a few times. But when someone loses 5-10 lbs in a week and still cry because it wasn't enough, that just doesn't sit well with me. I also don't like the screaming and belittling of people. Just my opinion. It just made me really uncomfortable to watch.
ReplyDeleteSorry I did not even realize the new season had started :( So guess I will be taping it next Tuesday thanks for the heads up :)
ReplyDeleteI think your doing an AWESOME job Jo :) Proud of you
Keep On Keepin On
We (two fat people) were on a plane once with Jillian. We thought it was her and then heard the crew complaining about how demanding and rude she was. We tried to say hello. She looked at us, with disgust, and walked off. Not even a minute for two fat fans. I guess she wasn't getting paid for that. After that I sort of lost all respect for her and quit watching the show. I like Bob's softer approach.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dawn!
ReplyDeleteWow, Bonnie...I figured she was like that, now I know.
Suzi, I agree completely! I felt those huge losses set up unrealistic expectations, were crazy and unhealthy! I'm really going to try to keep an open mind. I do not like any form of disrespect, and that's what all that screaming is. It does not set well with me at all. If anyone is that way with me, all manners escape me and I set it straight. lol There's no call for it.
they left us hanging with Tracy. Will have to watch next week to find out how she was.
ReplyDeleteTracy was still in the hospital for the weigh-in. Her partner lost enough to keep them both there for another week.
ReplyDeleteJillian is off-the-hook rude this season. She seems to be swearing and f-bombing the contestants left & right. It's actually disturbing so far & I've never felt that way until this time. I think sometimes we need people to get in our face and tell us like it is, but she's completely out of control now.
Tonight is the first time I've ever watched it. I may follow it this season. I dont like the way the show is run either. I dont see how someone can lose 20 lbs in a week and that is considered healthy??? The girl that got kicked off had lost 13!! It didnt show what they ate. Do they even get to eat??
ReplyDeleteYes, they get to eat. I haven't watched it yet but once I watch it, I will be doing my recap.
ReplyDeleteI watched the 1st season & enjoyed the stories & their triumphs BUT I hated every moment of the backstabbing & phoney "I'll be your friend but lets gang up on so&so when we vote her off" stuff.
ReplyDeleteIMO, all of that completely takes away from the positive, life changing message of the show.
I think that is why I liked Dance Your A@@ Off (yeah, everyone else hated it) because it was based on their weight loss & dance scores. Nothing more. The contestants could truly support one another even though they were competing - at least they weren't scheming against each other!
Would a show about anorexics competing to gain weight be as successful? No! Because it would be considered bad taste to mess with someone that's killing themselves. Unlike the perception of overweight and obese people, who must be killing themselves if the country is so up in arms about the financial costs of obesity. After all, we all know us overweight and obese have no self control or discipline, right? Sorry, but this show just pisses me off. Can you imagine using Jillian's tactics on an anorexic? The public would destroy her and the show would be cancelled. I just don't understand the appeal of this show.
ReplyDelete