A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

9.25.2009

My Rebounder Arrived & a Cool NSV

FedEx arrived a few hours earlier than their normal schedule on my street. I was excited, as our Bellicon Rebounder arrived.

Oh my gosh, this is by far the best rebounder I have ever owned--and I've owned about four or five of them. Nice, soft bounce, absolutely no noise--it's heaven. It is the best bounce/feel I have ever experienced. Minimal shock to the body. My son and I tried it, then hubby did when he came home from lunch. We're all in love.

The thing that sucks when you get a rebounder is that you are only supposed to spend 2-5 minutes on it a day for the first week--with your feet on it, meaning, no jumping. Well, I did jump for about 30 seconds just to see what it was like. Wonderful! I need a new bra. lol It is going to be fantastic when I can start bouncing for real. The second week you're on it, you adjust your time up by 5-10 minutes and then you can bounce to your heart's content.

I am beyond thrilled with this thing. It's so quiet, I can run while the boys are watching TV. It's going to be an excellent addition to "Jo's Gym" which my husband has affectionately re-named our living room.

~~~

NSV News

This morning while I was getting dressed, I was standing in front of a mirror. I caught a glimpse of something very shocking. They weren't there yesterday, I can guarantee, but, I have two lines where my obliques are. I looked, changed positions, felt them, and looked again. Now I still have a very large stomach, but by golly, those definition lines are there as clear as day! I showed hubby when he got home. lol (No, I won't be sharing pictures here! lol)

Thank you, FIRM. I hate doing abs--but I've been making my best effort while doing those tapes. I can't do all the ab work by a long shot, but I do what I can and push for one or two more crunches usually. Wow, it's paying off. It makes me excited for when I lose more fat/weight--will I actually have a toned body? I think so! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that would happen. How cool is that!

~~~
One final note. I took a nap after supper last night and then couldn't sleep. I was up until 3. I got up at 7 as normal this morning, and I am really dragging. My son is about to finish up with the written work in school and just has some assigned reading to do. I am going to take a nap! Then when I get up, I'm going to do a FIRM tape. Then I'm going to stare at the rebounder and wish it were two weeks from now.

Oh, and to answer a question: School is going extremely well this year. I think it's our best year ever, due to the ADHD meds. My son is working very hard, scoring very well on his work, and learning. Next week we're going to start up with Rosetta Stone Spanish, our geography course which we haven't started yet because I couldn't decide which to do, and since we're getting done so much faster due to the meds, I think we're going to do a unit study on the human body. My son has expressed an interest in learning to lift weights, so I've got our book out and I'm devising a plan for him. We'll probably start that, too. He keeps asking about muscles, bones, physical fitness questions, so I think it's a great time to re-visit the human body study we did a few years back with much more depth.

20 comments:

  1. I really think you should change the name to "Jo's Jym."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Seeing muscle definition is super happy. Way to go Jo! It's wonderful that you got the trampoline, but I'm sorry you can't use it yet. Not being able to use a new toy for two weeks after I got it would kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tramp!
    There, I said it first!
    :D
    I took my rebounder to a club the other night - they said no, they didn't need another bouncer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they required a waiting period! I would be itching to get on it.

    Nice NSV Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go JO!! I'm glad your trampoline is in. Guess it's best to go slow on that, huh? Congrats on your NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are seeing muscle definition!!! And you are so right - as the weight comes off, the muscles that you are working so hard to build up now will come out and you will be freakin' amazed!!!

    Nice the the rebounder is here, but I didn't know you had to break them in (or is it break yourself in?) - any case, it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. obliques!! nice. what are those?? haha just kidding :-)

    NSVs and new exercises, you are such a motivator!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep saying I've got those lines too - just need to move the fat off of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool on both the new rebounder & NSV!

    Also, awesome that your son is having a good school year! It is so nice to have the flexibility to pick & choose your own specifics with homeschooling. Being able to do a science course around his desire to lift will be fabulous!

    Have a great weekend!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muscle definition is a definite sign that you are really working hard! Congratulations!

    We are having a great school year too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sounds like things are going pretty awesome Jo! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the NSV! And...I had to look up what a rebounder is. I had no idea a trampoline is called a rebounder! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for NSV's!! Glad that school is going well! Your plan sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! That's awesome about the lines! Isn't it great when you can see the results of your work! Also, sounds like a weightlifting unit could be fun, learning the best exercises and what they are intended to do. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Jo. I've finally caught up on your blog from the last few weeks and all i can do is Smile. :) You're doing an amazing job and I'm so glad you're looking for new ways to workout and enjoying them. i'd love a tramp, but I have a feeling I'd never be able to get on it with a 3yr old in the house. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol, I think I know what obliques are.....something on the stomach. lol.
    sad huh. Glad school is going well. We are very book-y this year. It's the bi-yearly testing phase, it always makes me paranoid. We end doing alot of sentence diagrams. NOt that anybody ever actually diagrams a sentence after grammar, but hey...we have to be 'educated'. The only thing I am really enjoying this year is reading The story of the world book 1. Next year it's back to road trips and real learning. Can't wait. The unit study sounds awesome.
    Your rebounder sounds cool. Weird how everything has to be broken in....at least you learned you need new bras...lol.
    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can totally hear the excitement and positive energy coming through the tone in your writing. You are definitely on an upswing: ride it for all it's worth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a full six pack here,under all the fat, lol!

    Well done on working out so hard on those abs, I must admit, they are my least favourite of all the exercises. And great news on the tramapoline, trapamoline, tralopamine, er, rebounder!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm catching up on you today. Everything sounds good, school, workouts, muscles... In your stomach?!? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete