Every cell in my body is sore today. Not painful, but sore--or better yet, I'm completely aware of my entire body. I don't feel like jello or jelly, but I am very aware.
I was going to work out today, then when I woke up and within three steps knew it was going to be one of those days, decided I'd do cardio later in the day instead of a cardio/weight tape. I can do cardio until the cows come home.
I don't think I'm even going to do a cardio today.
I did not work out that hard yesterday. I did use some weights, but light (3 pounds) and not on everything. I am taking it very easy--pushing myself, but I am very afraid of injury, and very conscious of not doing too much too soon.
My question is this: How on earth do the contestants on The Biggest Loser do it? I mean I'm heading for a nap shortly. How do they go on? I just cannot fathom the amount of exercise they do--and starting out cold. At least I had built up a pretty good endurance with aerobics through Richard Simmons, so I wasn't cold or green.
It boggles my mind. No pain, no gain? Well, I'm not in pain. Boomers (The FIRM Volume 6) is what I did yesterday, and it is tough--yet I modify. You can see a 8-minute clip of it on You Tube. I did use my sculpting bar which is 8 or 9 pounds. That must have made the difference. I do not use their tall box (14 inches!!!) I use my small step, which is 4.
All day today I have been obsessed with thoughts of The Biggest Loser. How do they walk around with all that work? How do they do it? Sheesh.
I can feel my muscles getting firmer, for which I am thrilled. I've never done weights or this type of exercising ever. I do love it. I do modify like crazy. I hope to build my endurance up.
I'm so glad I am not on The Biggest Loser. I would be labeled The Biggest Whiner. lol
I just came across your blog and really enjoyed reading it! I just started a weight loss journey of my own and have started a blog about my success as well. I have lost 21.75 pounds, so far and have a really, long way to go. I want to lose an additional 190.25 pounds. I hope to read your blog for extra encouragement and I hope you come on over and check out my blog as well!
ReplyDeletehttp://weightogo-diaryofafatchick.blogspot.com/
Keep up the great work!
You'd be the second biggest whiner today. I have been whining for the past 24 hours.
ReplyDeleteYeah, me too on the whiner part...I have no idea how TBL contestants do it either! I'm so happy that you are enjoying seeing your muscles - it's such a cool thing, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteim a whiner too!
ReplyDeletei had to carry all my food shopping on two buses to get home. my arm ached and i think my shopping arm is getting firmer. the shoppers bicep i am gonna call it!
feels good to be sore sometimes. to feel your body. makes me feel alive.