A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

9.19.2009

Weird Sick



~~~photo admittedly stolen. I'm so sorry! I'm too sick/tired/lazy--no, really sick--to take my own photo of my new treasure.~~~


I've got the weirdest bug that I just can't figure out. I'll feel fine for a couple hours, and then wham, fever and chills, joint and muscle aches, nauseous...back and forth, back and forth.

This morning when I got up I felt pretty good so DS and I got in the car, drove to the next town to hit their city-wide garage sales. This is an annual tradition, and we usually come home with great stuff. Last year stunk and I said I wouldn't go back. This year my son bought a Nintendo game and I got some lace curtains. That's it.

Why is it that when you're not looking, you see exercise videos everywhere? Then when you're looking, nada. There were about 60 sales on the list and I think we hit 50 of them. (Thank goodness for the sales at the fairgrounds, one-stop shopping.) I saw four exercise videos in all of these sales, and three of them were Tae-Bo, which I'm not interested in.

After a pit stop, we drove home. It took us all of two hours to hit all these sales. On a whim, even though I felt like garbage, I stopped at the Salvation Army. I found some vintage Fire King Copper custard bowls, six of them, 50 cents apiece. They're the same size as ramekins, which we use all the time. Because I'm soooo into vintage kitchen stuff, and these were pearly and pretty, I snatched them up. They're still on the counter waiting for me to take the price tag off, disinfect them (yes, I'm OCD about used stuff) and throw them in the dishwasher.

When I got home, I went straight to bed. We were home well before noon. I got up, ate a little something, and went straight back to bed. Repeat. I'm going back soon, but just wanted to blog today because I don't think I have missed many days.

I've only had 18 out of 31 points today. I don't know if I'll make my quota today or not. I may, as I'm feeling a touch better, enough so to eat a little something.

It's just a weird bug. Hubby says it's going around. Gee, I wonder how many people I spread it to today? I shouldn't have gone out, but I carry hand sanitizer and I wasn't sneezing or coughing or touching anything because most everything was junk anyway.

As usual, I'm behind on blogs. Congrats to everyone who lost. (I did skim.) For those of you who have Body Buggs and aren't wearing them, ahem, you know who I'm talking to, put it on! Fake it until you make it. =) You've come too far and I'm counting on you to get back on the wagon! (That's about as Jillian as I get! lol)

8 comments:

  1. I really hope you feel better soon. Have you seen a doctor? It could be the H1N1 virus, with the fever and all.

    You are in my thoughts. Take it easy and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Ouch. Okay - I'll wear it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had that too--only with coughing and runny noses. Yuck! Love the bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Scratching head wondering if Jo is talking about me...*

    ReplyDelete
  5. swine flu has hit in our town. Please get to dr if you are not feeling better. That stuff is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better.

    I would have bought those Fire King bowls too! Great find :)

    ReplyDelete