A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.01.2009

Thank You!!! And other Tidbits...

A great-big, heartfelt thank you for all the kind words on my big milestone. I got 51 comments--even my hubby came out of the woodwork and left one. One for every pound and one from him. I was so honored and treasured each comment.

Sometimes this is a lonely journey and only others on the journey understand how important those milestones are. My best friend has not even asked me how I'm doing--and we talk once a week. I think the last time we had talked, I had lost around 20 or so pounds.

So anyway, I'm on top of the world. Thank you.

~~~
My hubby took me to dinner that night, and all three of us enjoyed overly spicy Mexican food. It was so hot I was tasting it the next morning. I don't like spicy food, but it was a joy to celebrate!

My son's birthday is next week and he and I are planning a trip out of town. He wants to eat at The Olive Garden and Fuddruckers. Olive Garden I can handle, but what on earth will I do at Fuddruckers??? That's a very dangerous place for me--the burger, the bun, the fries and the cheese...good grief! I think they have a Garden Burger, so I can go breadless with one of those, but that cheese...it's going to be tough.

Every school year, I plan into our calendar a few days off at DS's birthday. This year we're going to go to a zoo and perhaps a science museum. Depends on his mood. He also wants to go to a real mall. He has an itinerary all planned out, but I informed him to plan on exercise time for me. Yes, I'm going to take my FIRM video and workout in the motel. Pity the poor people below me. I'll pick a slow weights video so I don't stomp around too much--which means I'll have to pack weights. lol

The day we leave is my day. I have Googled and printed out a map of the area thrift stores. I am hoping and praying I find a lot of FIRM tapes! I have my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow we're going swimming in the big city with other homeschoolers. My son is excited, but me? I'm nervous. Time to come out of my shell and meet people I've never met before. Gag, I'd rather clean toilets. I'm not a social butterfly and prefer very small groups. That won't happen tomorrow, plus it will be hot and humid. I hope I make it through the day. When we're finished, I'm going to hit the four thrift stores in that town in search of what else, FIRM tapes. lol So at least there's a nice reward for making it through the day.

We've been very busy with school this week, and I'm very behind on blogs again. I always feel guilty when I get behind.

And with that, I had best get to bed because it's after the witching hour, I have to get up early so we can get our academics done and so I can get a workout in before we leave.

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on your fantastic achievement. I somehow missed your post about it on the actual day. And look at your BMI, you've practically cut it in half. Simply amazing.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will all have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my rule for places like Fuddruckers: Do the best you can in the situation you're in. Do your honest best. That's all you can do, right? If you're as nice in person as you are online, you have nothing to worry about meeting those other people. Roll with it and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the Firm tapes: I have the original three VCR tapes that I've since replaced on DVD...do you have those? If not, they're yours. Just email me if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you deserve all those lovely comments missus. glad you're feeling on top of the world.

    have fun on the trip :D

    im not a social butterfly either. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to celebrate. Hope you have a great time. I'm the same way with social stuff but I've found whenever I put myself in the situations I always have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Write down what tapes you have so you don't duplicate. Have fun at the thrift stores. Wish I was with you. I'm so proud of you. So happy for you. Have fun on your trip. Give the young man a hug for me. Tell him I'm proud of him. I miss you..I think it's time for a phone call but will wait until after you come back and you're not so busy. hugs and have a great time. You've been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun on your trip!! Sounds like a great time. Congrats on your milestone. I missed the post...sorry :( You have come so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathe when you go to the pool today. You'll be great. And really... you don't have to be a social butterfly. I admit, I'm just as bad, in situations like this... I bring a good book just in case I end up by myself. Sometimes I surprise myself. :) LOL You'll be fine though and it's good for him that you're doing this. :)

    Have a great mini vacation! You deserve it. I avoid places like fuddruckers too. but i bet you can figure out a way to healthify it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's tough being with a group of people you don't know. I find it easier to break the ice with a question like "So, do you read my blog?" or "Why the hell don't you read my blog?" But I'm a people person...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have not been to Fudrucker's in some time...I'm with you...I don't know how good I would do there. Olive Garden I can do though...Good luck...and congrats on your milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a lovely time Jo! Happy Bday to DS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck today!

    It looks like there's some information out there about fuddruckers nutrition, but they don't officially have it available. In a situation like that, I think you just have to accept that it's not going to be perfect, and do the best you can to cut calories the rest of the day/put in some extra workouts. At the end of the day, though, it's a one time thing: even if it's not perfect, it's worth it for your son's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you and your son have a fabulous time together. When I go to Fuddrucker's, I always get the grilled chicken salad, leave the cheese off, don't eat the bread, and have my dressing on the side....that salad is HUGE and very tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm crazy behind here too on mine and everyone's except my son's. Which it was kind of you to offer to read, btw. I'll send you a link when I unbury myself.

    Have fun swimming. And don't sweat Fudrucker's - I'll bet you can keep it within reason.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so pumped from reading your blog this morning :) Congrats again! You are right that this can be a lonely journey. I'm glad we all have one another to help us along the way!

    Great job on all the planning!!! Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How nice that you can plan Bday trips into the school schedule. I think homeschooling is great. And I work for a school.

    You'll find a way to stay on track. Enjoy the trip. I think it's sweet your hubs left a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know what you mean about meeting people. I have a hard time in crowds as well. Funny how we churned out kids who love to meet people. It's almost as if it's Gods little joke. I hope you have a really good time tomorrow and again, great job on fifty pounds down. That is an awesome achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated congratulations on 50 pounds Jo! That's amazing. Keep rocking it.....

    ReplyDelete