A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

12.08.2009

Well, No Wonder...

I've been feeling extremely guilty lately about he fact I'm very behind on blog reading. Last week I was a nervous wreck with DS's surgery and didn't read blogs. I've also been on edge due to hubby being out of town. When I'm like this, I kick into an ADD mode--I can't sit still for a long period of time to catch up. I'll go to a couple blogs, read, and then realize I've spent too much time. Then I look at the list of posts I haven't read and get overwhelmed.

Yesterday I decided to organize my blogs I follow. I have been happy with Google Reader, but you can't organize what you follow. (That I know of.) I have used bloglines for a few years as I followed homeschool and vintage blogs. So I decided to put all the weight loss/fitness blogs I read into bloglines.

Keeping in mind we were doing school so I couldn't just sit and work til done, this little project took me the entire day. (Probably would have taken an hour or two at the most had I not been preoccupied.) I haven't even organized them into folders yet, they're just there. If it took me the whole day to enter all the blogs I follow, well no wonder I can't keep up!

I follow over 200 weight loss and fitness blogs.

And at this point I need to say this: I looked at my own followers, and the number hit me. I have over 200 followers. WOW. This amazes me, it touches me, and it bewilders me. I am so thankful so many people follow my journey. The support is fantastic. It is a big part of my success in my personal journey. I extend a very humble thank you.

The bottom line is when I realized how many blogs I follow, I also realized that I just can't comment on everything. I like to read, I like to comment, but I just don't have the time to do so plus keep up my own blog.

I enjoy following bloggers, getting to know them with what they share. I really care about people and wish them success on their journey. I get sad when they are sad or struggle. I get elated when they have great victories. It's a new and different kind of friendship. You only know what people choose to share, but I gain so much from reading blogs.

I feel a bit defeated in realizing that I just won't be able to comment on as much as I would like to. But I will read, smile, and take bits and pieces with me on my own journey. I'm also feeling a bit less guilty when I realized how many blogs I follow and why I get behind easily.

So thank you for all the support you give me, and know that I follow and will try to drop a word in when I can, but I will get caught up and I enjoy following your journeys.

4 comments:

  1. When I first started out, I read and commented on a lot more blogs than I do now (especially commenting). At first it really bothered me, but now I just accept it. I comment as much as I can, but really, I just have to accept that I have my limits. :-) And I think that's okay (and that everyone else feels exactly the same way!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to everyone. Just do what you can when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the suburbs of Chicago and the icy snow is tic, tic, ticking on my windows as I type. Be careful with the shoveling and snow blower, it can be really hard on your back!

    Speaking of NO snow, I used to live in Charleston, SC and at that time The Firm had a studio on King Street, just a block away from my office. The receptionist at the Advertising Agency that I worked at was an instructor there. She was smart and tall and talkative and slender and sweet and really, really strong!

    I could kick myself for not taking classes but I was so intimidated by the beautiful, boutique like environment and the beautiful women who came in and out of their door that I just didn't do it.

    I've never seen one of their videos but you've got me thinking! Maybe I'll see if I can rent one from the library!

    Stay warm and although you already follow 200 (wowza) blogs feel free to visit me someday!

    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    Warmest Wishes,

    Denise Burks
    www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be overwhelming sometimes. I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel guilty for getting behind on reading or don't comment much. I'm always wondering if I'm missing something big in someone's life when I have hundreds of unread posts but we have to take care of our real physical world and read and comment if and when we have time.

    Everyone understands that life gets busy and if someone really needs your support or you need theirs they are only an e-mail or a phone call away.

    I eventually get the unread items under control and try to only comment when something really moves me.

    ReplyDelete