A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

1.26.2010

Winter Blues

UGH. They have hit me. Today I was pain free but just felt drained and down. The sun was shining, but it was cold. I typically get the winter blues right after Christmas. I haven't had them this year--until today. And that may be just hormones still talking, I'm not quite sure.

I have not exercised since Friday. I cannot believe that! I feel it. I know it would help. Nothing inspired me today. I did do one Classical Stretch routine called the Spine and it felt soooooo good. I wore my HRM and burned 34 calories. lol It's great for flexibility, my back, aches and pains. I am very pleased with my Classical Stretch purchase. IF you have PBS, check the schedule as it airs here Mon, Wed and Fri mornings at 6am. It looks "old ladyish" but it's amazing.

Tomorrow: I'm looking at my list of videos and just not feeling any video love. I *must* work out. I did buy some used Charlene Prickett step videos this weekend and will be watching my mailbox for their arrival. Her workouts are an hour long, which I want and need. If you go to her website and look at the previews for her DVDs, you'll be shocked: she steps on a 10-inch step! I use 4 inches the first time I do a workout and then thereafter I use 6 inches. 10? Wow. She's amazing for a woman her age.

I think I need to get out of the house tomorrow. I think that will help me a bit. There's just no where to go--perhaps I could hit the two thrift stores in town and then visit Wal-Mart. We need more salad and cereal. lol Just getting out and breathing some freezing fresh air would do wonders.

The weather has been horrible. Schools were closed the last two days, wind blowing and howling, roads closed. I suppose that didn't help my mood, either.

If I could wave a magic wand and get these stupid hormones under control, life would be so much better.

On a bright note, I have not gone above calories even though I was in an eat mode. So I guess I'm learning to not eat my feelings, frustration, blues and pain. That's a good thing.

10 comments:

  1. I feel the same this time of year..hope u feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized today that I was sitting around instead of cleaning. bad sign.
    I hope you feel better soon Jo...get a walk in or something it always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE VICTORY on the calories, Woman!
    now.
    what can you do today in the name of exercise?
    anything SMALL.
    stairs? parking far from every destination and walking even though its frickinfreezing? :)
    dancing in the kitchen to some music this morning as you make breakfast?

    FIDGETING?

    *anything*


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling a little better. Hope you can get out of the house soon. I have to get out every day or I start to climb the walls. Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone gets the winter blues try and up the vitamin d
    it does help and try to just stand outside for 15 mins or so to get some air
    trust me it helps
    i have to make myself do it but it helps
    hope u feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about you the other day. My mom got one of those Wave things and I could totally see you liking that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky jinx - we are twins again, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better! Make sure you exercise - you will never regret doing it and it will lift your mood some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just echoing what Lori said: exercise does release HAPPY hormones. :) Just say to yourself, "I'm only going to do 10 minutes of exercise. Just 10 minutes." Usually once you get started you go ahead and do more. If not, at least you got 10 minutes in!!!

    Hang in there! Spring will be coming soon. :)
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete