A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.08.2010

Crazy Weigh-in Day

Monday afternoon and I'm just now logging into blogger.

Weight: 208.5
Loss: 2
Total Loss: 74

Today was a monumental day. I dropped from Class II Obesity to Class I obesity. Next stop is being overweight. I can't wait to be overweight. lol

~~~
Hubby came home from work this morning with an ear ache, balance issues and his ear was bleeding a bit. Scary. So I called my doctor, got him in right away, and he's on ear drops. He took a long nap and now he's doing work. (When I was sick, I took the day off work--not him!)

By the time we finished at the doctor, filled his prescription and ran by his work to get his stuff, it was late morning. Came home, ate and finally started school.

~~~
When DH came home and told me of his ear issues, I went into panic mode. I believe it is a learned reaction to bad things I have experienced with loved ones over the years. I've been jumpy all day. Several times I thought of taking a Xanax--and I would have but for the fact I have to teach my son, and frankly, Xanx makes me mellow and puts me to sleep. I'm hoping the yoga (gag, gag, sputter) from P90X today will help.

~~~
P90X is going well. I missed one day because my ovary decided to cause me some more pain. That was a cardio day and so I just skipped the day altogether and did my weights the next day. The Shoulders and Arms tape from P90X--I absolutely ***loved*** it! I was able to do tricep dips for the first time ever in my life! That is not because of P90X, my strength just finally decided to kick in. I was really excited over that. Today? I'm having doms in my triceps. Ah, lovely DOMS.

That's about it. Getting ready to do the yoga soon. Did I ever mention I do NOT like yoga? And P90X's yoga tape is 90 minutes long? AAAAAAAACCCKKKK!!! Yuck. I'll do it. I may not have a smile on my face, though. lol

19 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a bit low -- everything is going slow. Thanks for such a great blog -- it makes me realize that the journey is long. It's a marathon not a sprint. When I look at your weight loss and realize that losing about the same rate that you are it makes me feel better. Look where you are! You have come so far! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice loss Jo...also good job for rocking your P90X. I too have a love/hate relationship with Yoga, but I think it is a good discipline to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your husband gets well soon.

    Congrats on the 2lb loss and moving down in the obesity category. You are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the loss! I am glad you are liking the P90X! I had thought about getting that, but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your hubby is better soon. Good luck with the yoga.
    Congrats on the loss. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your loss! P90X scares me. Good job sticking with it! I don't like Yoga either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the SLOW AND STEADY in the weight log on your sidebar!

    I'm a slow loser too - but it adds up with time

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTG You are rocking it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the weight loss and being so close to "overweight" My Wii tells me "thats overweight" everytime I stand on the damn thing LOL!

    Im so motivated by you doing P90X! I may just have to get it :) I know alot of folks sub out yogaX cuz its soooo long and soooo boring. Im not a yogi either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats babe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the 2 lb loss! I am looking forward to being 'overweight' too! LOL! :D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for getting closer to the Overweight status....I couldn't believe how excited I got when I fit into an XL shirt a couple of weeks ago....as in ONLY an XL, with no # in front of the X.....first time in like 15-20 years!!!! And I just tried a tricep dip 2 weeks ago also...thanks to my trainer. I didn't want to do it...didn't want to try...didn't think I could even do one, and didn't want to fail at it in the middle of the gym and in front of my trainer....what do you know...I did 15!! Woo hoo!! You're doing fantastic Jo...congrats on another great loss, not that I expect anything less from you. You're absolutely one of my favorite bloggers...love, love, love that consistency. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!! Class II to Class I... do you hae less driving restrictions now?? ha!

    Hope your husbands ear thingy clears up - that is scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 90 minutes! 90 MINUTES!
    Holy crow.
    That's a lot of yoga.
    Good luck and I hope it does make you feel better.
    Great loss too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! 208!!! You're going to be "overweight" in no time. And eventually "healthy weight" (if that is your goal).

    What is the next step for that ovary? I cringe every time I read about it acting up...Pain is a horrible, horrible thing.

    Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delayed Onset Muscle soreness?
    Doesn't that mean you went to muscle failure?
    YAY! Jo - you little overweight rocker!
    I mean that in the most endearing way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope the yoga went ok. yoga is not my friend.
    good job on the loss.

    sorry to hear about hubby being ill.

    sounds like you're enjoying the p90x

    ReplyDelete