My body is swollen and puffy. I'm up a few pounds--it's water, I have not cheated on my food. I have had one hell of a bad week. Still hurting. Today as I was doing laundry, I was bringing a basket up the stairs and I normally stack it on my side--that hurt. Halfway up the stairs I had to stop to rest, because with every step up I had pain.
This sucks.
This is not like cramps, this is very intense, double-me-over pain. It shoots. Sometimes it's just a major pain in the neck, but other times it's really bad--like this week.
This week stupid (me) also pulled a dumb stunt. (No, I'm not stupid unless I do something stupid.) One night that I couldn't sleep, I took my computer into the living room, sat it on my Transfirmer which is 14 inches high, and I cleaned my hard drive. I was clicking for a couple hours. My right hand was at a weird angle. The next morning I could not bend my hand and it was throbbing and swollen. I wore my wrist brace and that helped a lot. That night, Stupid (yeah, I was stupid again) wore the wrist brace to bed. The following morning, I woke up in extreme pain. My thumb. I couldn't move it at all. Took the brace off, poured myself a cup of coffee, took some Motrin, rested my thumb on the coffee cup. After a few minutes I could make mini circles with my thumb. Later in the day, all was well.
Ahem. It's one thing to have something going on (the lower-right quadrant pain) that I have no control over. It's a completely different ball game when I do stupid things to myself! In the words of Red Foreman, "Dumb Ass!" lol I'm laughing now, but sheesh. My hand is much better today, only slightly swollen.
I need to make a decision. I just completed 30 days of my "mini-pill" that I was prescribed. Do I try another month on the pill to see if we can get the ovulation stopped, or do I call the doctor next week and tell him I'm in pain again. He told me to call if I was in pain.
Thing is, I can't say why right now, but I won't be able to have surgery until April. (I'll share why in April.) So I'm torn on what to do.
I have not exercised all week. Hubby suggested I take the dogs for a walk. I explained I can't--one tug of a border collie will engage my core and I'll be doubling over. I have to stop and lean on the grocery cart when at Wal-Mart because this really takes every drop of energy I have.
I am just SO MAD. This is messing up my life so much. I just want to scream, punch the punching bag, and have a major temper tantrum. Other times I just want to cry with frustration. It hurts, damn it! There...mini tantrum.
Such is life. We have ups and downs. I miss working out. It has become a part of me like brushing my teeth. It feels so wrong when I can't. I feel so off. I'm still feeling very toxic--and that shows with my swelling. I have no idea what that is about or how that happened. I have slept more this week--reminds me of when I was at my highest weight. I slept then because I had to--I was so exhausted. That's how I've felt this week.
Shoot, this week anything that required reaching up or bending over I asked my son to do. I have gone about my daily grind, but not with as much gusto. Today I called a sick day with school. My son was very happy--he curled up on the couch and read some physics books all day long. I paid bills, worked on laundry, and tried my hardest to relax. It did help my spirits considerably. Of course I took a long nap as well.
And through it all, I must say my eating has been routine. The stress has not done me in. I still weigh everything I eat, I still watch my protein/fat and carbs. That's become routine. Triumph there. I'm not even craving things (chocolate) like I used to when stressed out. I have been very stressed. So I guess there really is a bright side.
I hate writing whiny posts, I really do--but this is my blog, my story--and this part of my health is a very important part of my journey. It's as important as the victories. We all struggle, we all have something going on--and I know I get so inspired when I read how well people do through their struggles. I'm not doing that well emotionally--I'm so frustrated--but the food is good.
Health is very important. This just reiterates that point. It sucks to be 44 years old and stopping in Wal-mart to rest--I feel like an old woman. Yes, I pretend to read a label on something, but in reality I am mortified.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of sunshine.
Geez, Jo! You poor thing! I amm thrilled for you that your eating has stayed on track and that you WANT to exercise through all of this.
ReplyDeleteCall your doctor. Did he/she say how long it would take for the mini pill to start working? I think under normal circumstances (ie women taking it a birth control) it takes 3 months for it to fully take effect. However, you're in pain, lady. There might be something else the doctor can do to help, or change the dosage, or something!
Yep, it's your blog and you have every right to say whatever you want! If you can't say it here, where can you say it? This space is all yours!
Hope the pain goes away soon...
Call the dr. Babe..It's time..You need this..
ReplyDeleteAw, Jo, I'm sorry this is affecting you so much. I say go in and see the doctor - at least then he/she knows what is going on and can advise you better.
ReplyDeleteIt is doctor time. I know it is such a pain in the tush to call and go in for appointments, but you are suffering. This post is 875 words of your body saying it is sick. I hope things turn around soon. I am glad you are keeping in line with your eating. Control what you can. Don't overdo what you think you can't handle. Have hubby do the laundry!! Keeping you in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteCall your doctor if you're pain - that's what he said to do!!!
Hugs - get in to see your doc now. This is tough love talking here.
ReplyDeleteGood job on keeping the eating in check during this stressful time!
Call the doctor. You are in pain....call him.
ReplyDeleteThe positive is that you did keep your eating in check.
Also, get your son and hubby to help out with laundry or whatever and lay up and RELAX. I doubt stress helps your situation, right?
(((HUGS))) Hope you feel better soon. April is just around the corner.
YOU are the most important thing in your life right now...YOU. It's o.k. Take a deep breathe and breath. It's o.k. The world is not going to fall apart if you don't "so something" everyday (but I know the feeling..sometimes YOU HAVE to because YOU have to). But still, it's o.k.
ReplyDeleteYour husband and son love you so much-take VERY good care of yourself today (even if that means being "lazy" (which it ISN'T) so you can have a better tomorrow or whenever "morrow" is!
Hang tight girl-you're fighting the good fight. You're alright. Let your "exercise" be this: smile, try to laugh, be kind and work at flexing your patience muscles :) You owe yourself some patience, love & care!
p.s. call the doctor!
Your friend in blogland,
Lucy
ahhhh hugs to you Jo! Im so sorry you are dealing w/ this. I cant even imagine :( I hope you can feel well soon.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you might have a virus of some kind....?? Take care of your self. Lots of water. I have had to take almost a week off of exercising....right after I had finished my first week of P90X...because I was nailed with the cold/flu from hell. I should have stopped earlier...and rested....and I could have stopped it from getting as bad as it did. But I was stubborn and kept at the workouts. Learn from my mistake....and definitely take care. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHi Jo! I was wondering if you've ever tried yoga? I just started it in January and the more I learn about it the more I believe all the healing claims of it: http://www.bikramyoga.com/Testimonials.htm I'm amazed by the changes I've experienced in just the 2 months that I've been practicing. In the locker rooms I hear a lot of stories of how other people are healing aches and pains, old injuries, new injuries, emotional issues etc... I realize you have a medical problem that will need surgery but until you can have that surgery maybe a yoga practice would help you handle the pain? Just an idea. You don't have to be flexible to benefit from yoga all you have to do is give 100% of what you are able to do. ~ Angie
ReplyDeleteCall your doc - enough is enough. I've learned it is critical to be very proactive with health care workers. Stay on them! Good luck...
ReplyDelete