A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.01.2010

Monday Morning Weigh-In

Weight: 210.5
Loss: 2 pounds

I've now lost a tad over 25% of my original body weight!

I've had a pretty good streak lately! I can't help but wonder if it's because I've added more fat and protein to my diet. Whatever it is, I'll take it!

About the P90X, when I get it I'll watch each DVD before I start. There are 12 so it will take a bit to do that. I will occasionally comment about it here, but I do have my exercise blog where I post about my daily exercise and I'll comment on each workout there. Firming Up is the name of that blog. I started that blog to keep track of my workouts. I made it separate so that I could easily look at what I've done and keep things more organized.

I guess I'm getting to the point where I like a challenge. My husband mentioned P90X in passing yesterday and at first I thought there was no way I could do that. Yet when I actually researched it, got a better understanding of what it is, I changed my mind. It will be very difficult for me--I can do one pull up on a good day! So I can see lots of good strength gains in my future training! I think I'll also have an opportunity to use his Ironmaster weights. lol Aside from my barbell, I don't use anything higher than 12 pounds now. I've gone to 30 on the barbell.

So yes, I'm a bit excited. I do despise rotations and can never follow them--so that will be a challenge. I know I'll desperately miss my Firms and Cathe. However, I know that I can substitute on the cardio days and fill my longing for Firm/Cathe that way.

17 comments:

  1. Are you getting or do you already have a pull-up bar? I can't seem to find out if they P90X program offers an alternative using the resistance bands or not. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a pull-up bar. The only thing is it's in our basement--so I'll have to run downstairs to do that portion. lol I have a hubby who is into fitness, so we have the pull-up bar and Ironman weights which I can use. I have resistance bands light, medium and heavy, I have free weights up to 12 pounds plus a barbell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lbs is great! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something tells me that you're about to shift this thing into a whole new gear.

    You go, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of the amount of weight you have lost during the 7 months I was offline. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack - don't look now, but Jo already HAS
    shifted this thing into a whole new gear!
    For a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are on fire girl..congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic Jo! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, I have a friend at my dojo who started P90X a month ago and has already lost 3 inches off her waist in just one month!! You are so determined I'd bet you get similar results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the loss!! And P90X scares the hell outta' me, lol. But you're on fire with the fitness stuff...I know you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the loss! You're doing awesome. I'm not exactly sure what it is that you've ordered but I'm excited to see your posts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plateau? What plateau? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo,

    My friend. You inspire me to try harder. Maybe not p90X harder, but harder. ;)

    I'm so happy for you!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are still rockin' and rollin'! Congrads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice loss. Loves it. *high fives* still rocking it girly!

    rocking the exercise too! wooho. all positive.

    ReplyDelete