A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.16.2010

Noxious Toxic

That's how I feel: toxic. I haven't felt well for several days. My system, my body, just feels toxic. The ovary (whom I really should name, as I refer to it so much) has been giving me pains, although not bad, just annoying. My system feels unclean, like I need to fast and clear things out--yet I don't ever fast.

The sun has not shone in over a week. That is really starting to get to me. We aren't expected to have a full day of sunshine until this weekend. We usually keep all lights off except when we are in our school room working--yesterday I turned the lights on all over the house to brighten things up. It helped tremendously.

Exercise has been hit or miss because I haven't felt well.

Loved P90X but did ***not*** love being stuck in a routine, a set rotation, and I'm afraid that I'm just going to use certain disks according to my style. I do not look at this as a fail at all, I look at it as a win in that I know me well enough to know that the love of exercise will be stripped from me if I have to follow someone else's plan. For now. I plan on using the strength disks in P90X in my regular rotation. My regular rotation is strength three times a week with whatever cardio I want. I was missing my Cathe step tapes too much, as step is my thing. I was missing my Firms too much, as I love the Firm.

Now? All I need to do is feel better so that I can get back in my great routine.

I was only down a half pound this week. I blame that on going out of my exercise routine that was working so well, as I certainly ate within my calorie allotment. I think the key to weight loss, for me, is exercise. When I bumped things up consistently, the weight started coming off better. Have a screwy week? Get a screwy loss. Go figure.

I bought Power 90 for my son. He is ready to start working out, and I don't have the time, or desire to develop a routine for him. He doesn't have the desire to sit and read a book and come up with his own. So Power 90 is it because Tony Horton is a man, and not some prissy girl on one of mom's videos. lol The workouts are much shorter than P90X as well. And to start out, it's one strength DVD and once we've gone through it a couple times and he has his form down pat, he'll be able to do it on his own. I think it's a great introduction for him. And the benefit of buying Power 90 for him? I can use it, too. And I probably will. It is set to arrive today, and I'm anxious to watch and read the materials to learn the rotation. DS doesn't know better about rotations, he'll just do whatever. I'm a rebel, and do what I want to do. lol

Haven't had insomnia for a very long time. Last night I was awake until 3am. DS and I both overslept, and we're working on school at a fast and furious pace to catch up. We will get it done before he leaves for his art class.

Speaking of school, it's time for me to get back into teacher mode as he's done with his assignment. Plus, I need to fill up my water. Whenever I feel toxic, I drink lots of water.

Here's to hope: Hope for a good night's sleep, feeling better, and SUNSHINE.

p.s. I do hope to do an entire P90X rotation some day. I think timing is not right at the moment. I think I'd rather wait until I'm down in weight more. I enjoy doing doubles (working out twice a day) and that isn't the plan with P90X. So I'm going to stick with what works right now, and look forward to a P90X rotation to fine tune things later down the road.

14 comments:

  1. Well, eventhough it is overcast, I think you should go for a walk outside and get some vitamin D. Maybe you just need some fresh air and you are suffering from Cabin-fever. Feel better! Sometimes, if I am really feeling toxic, I will take the herbal Cascara Sagrada. (Warning: it will flush you out whether you like it or not).
    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you got all the paperwork with the P90X, you can go to the last 30 days and see the rotation for 2 workouts a day ( I think) It has been a long time since I did the paperwork!! I love almost all the workouts from the P90X except the YOGA....yuck! That so does not feel like a workout, just a bunch of poses. I guess I am not doing them right :>)

    Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you start feeling better soon babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the ovary issues,I have been having random pains in mine since it burst. Sucks about the weather there I am going to send good sunny thoughts your way. I don't always follow the routines on my workouts but I am trying and at least we are doing something and moving :) Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my concern with P90X; I don't want to get stuck in a routine. I hope you feel better soon!

    By the way, I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i only got 4 hours sleep last night its sucky!

    <3 feel better soon m'lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh Im sorry your pain is hampering your w/o plans and being a general PITA. Hugs to you!

    Good for you for buying Power 90 for your son! What an awesome influence you are.

    I hope you feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the pain. I had a cyst on my left ovary that ruptured & caused me a severe amount of pain. Hope u feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo, when the sun starts to shine so will you. Here in California it was raining a lot. Now that the sun is out I feel so much better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about that constant pain Jo...I know it's a tough thing to have to deal with. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better soon!! I hope you get some major sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should call it madame ovary...lol.
    that way whenit finally leaves, it won't be a shock.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope ya get a good night sleep and feel better soon

    ReplyDelete