A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.28.2010

Get Tough

It's hard to get tough, but sometimes we must.

I decided I really needed to drop calories. I'm still in a healthy, safe range. I will never go low. I was just eating too high without the benefit of my workouts. The plan was to drop 40-50 calories a day for a week to reduce about 250. Well, as luck would have it, and with careful planning, I dropped 250 calories off today alone. So I'll aim for the same tomorrow. That's all I want to drop--250.

That doesn't mean I wasn't hungry: I was! I believe that was all in my mind, though.

I was a bit naughty today, too. I am not supposed to work out until I see my doctor at the end of the week. I couldn't help it, I had to. I popped in an intermediate tape (I do mostly advanced now!) and used a 4" step as opposed to 6 or 8, and I did 30 minutes of cardio. (I usually do 60 minutes.) It took a lot out of me! I worked up a sweat, but not what I'm used to. My heart rate took a long time to climb, and it didn't get near what it was before surgery. That's FINE with me! In fact, I intentionally took it easy. No jumps, no leaps, no fun stuff. I do not want to over do. So I plan on doing this until I see my doctor.

I will not be touching one of my weights, even though my body is screaming for a good weight workout. That engages the core too much and I was warned not to. So I will be good and obey there. What I did today was equal to a good walk--so I know I didn't over do.

It's time for me to get tough. I've been stuck at a little above 200 for waaaay too long. It's time to face my fear of ONEderland head on and get there. I don't know what it is about having a 1 instead of a 2 in the hundreds position, but it's freaky and scary. My health is worth it, though, and it's time to get tough.

I am tough. I've made it this far. It's taken time, but I've done it in a healthful manner. I've built my fitness up--and I'll build it up again. It's time to bring it home, get where I'm going.

I've got my eye on the prize, now I just have to go get it. And I will. I can and I will.

:D

6 comments:

  1. I love it when people talk with passion and enthusiasm. I find it really energizing, especially if my own motivation is lacking a little.

    Keep gathering that momentum and you'll be in onederland (lol) before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeness Jo. I hope you don't feel too deflated when you hit the ones and a piano doesn't fall on your head. lol.
    You are doing great! Keep on a movin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get there. I'm having the same problem of getting out of the 190's. I don't know why.

    Keep up your good work. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping for a loss.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you fear Onderland? I would think it is a magical place ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jo, and belated happy birthday too.

    Sounds to me like there is no stopping you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay your doing amazing much better than i am
    i like thta keep your eye on the prize

    ReplyDelete