A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.27.2010

It's My Birthday :D

I'm 45 today. Amazing, how time flies! Here I am, smack dab in the middle of the 40s.

We had a lovely day. We drove to civilization, went to Target where I didn't find a thing to buy! Then to Olive Garden where I ate too much. Ahem. Then to the book store and for coffee. Mmmm, Starbucks decaf. Finally we hit Best Buy where I bought a Cher Gold CD and forced my poor family to listen to it in the car for an hour on the way home. My son kept asking, "Is that a man?" He just couldn't grasp Cher's voice. lol

No supper, but we did have sugar-free angel food cake. 120 calories worth, and it was good. Ran to Walmart tonight and I bought an ice shaver because I want to make slurpees at home and my blender does not work well. I also bought a Kenny Rogers CD in the $7 bin...when I was a teen I had every vinyl album he did. Hubby never liked him, and I got rid of the albums long ago. I've enjoyd revisiting Ruby, Lucelle, and the Gambler among others tonight.

Body/food/exercise:

Well, my belly is still two inches bigger than pre-surgery. Clothes are tight. I've been 208.5 for several days in a row. I'm still feeling some soreness, especially in the area that pained me so much. I don't know if I'm fixed or not--time will tell. I do have a whole lot more energy now. We drove three hours to pick up DS from summer camp on Friday--and I did the driving. Coming home we decided to drive along the Mississippi River--and it was a gorgeous drive. Again, I was driving, but I pulled over in a small town and asked DH to take over as I was tired. I got tired today, but felt better after a sit and a diet Sierra Mist.

What I've learned is that eating the amount of calories I eat when I exercise does not work when I'm not exercising. It's perfect for maintaining. I need to drop down a bit, and ouch, that's not going to be easy. I see the doctor later this week and am hoping for an okay to work out again. I really like that boost I get from calorie burns. It makes the difference. I'm missing the movement, too.

I have officially gained 4 pounds--but that gain came the day after surgery, not through the week. It just never got back to normal.

So am I worried or upset about the weight gain, the bloated stomach? Nope. It is what it is. It's just a little bump in life's road, and I just need to readjust to get things moving again.

And that's a day in the life of a newly 45-year-old.

16 comments:

  1. 45 years old! congratulations
    Happy Birthday again Jo!
    Am so glad you had a good one. And olive garden rocks.
    I love me some kenny rogers.
    the song 20 years ago always gets me.
    lady, coward of the county, gambler, picked a fine to leave me lucille, islands in the stream, I could go on all day.
    ahhhhh kenny the country crooner.
    and if he can't get cher's voice then he should watch that song where she dances around on a ship...if he doesn't know if it's a woman he's not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 45 and a day now as I think judging by the TIME Im late to the birthday?
    hope it was FAB.
    Im hot on yer trail at 41 and grateful for each day as wlel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated. Hope it was a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and hap, hap, happy birthday, Jo! Send yourself some more flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not worry about the weight gain now!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday dear Jo...
    Happy Birthday to you!


    Now, I just hope my singing hasn't scared everyone else off...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Glad you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Didn't find anything to buy at Target, eh? Were your eyes closed as you walked through the store? :) I can't get out of there, not in debt. So I try not to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Bday. I thought I told you Happy Happy on FB, on time...I hope anyway.

    Can't believe you found not a thing to buy?? Wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The happiest of Birthdays to you Jo....
    And many more!
    ♫♪♬♫♬♫

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you are feeling better and hope you get good news from the doctor.

    ReplyDelete