A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.12.2010

Nerves...

They started acting up tonight. After hubby got home from Denver again tonight, I realized the week was over, he was safe and sound, and I put my own self into the spotlight. My stomach started churning and before I knew it I was walking around with nervous energy, picking at things, picking up, throwing away, re-placing, etc. Then I decided to use that nervous energy for good because I wasn't hurting at the moment. Who cared that it was 10 at night? I put in a Christi Taylor DVD , and went to town.

I stepped that nervousness all away.

Why am I nervous? Surgery is Monday. I really hope for all my readers' sakes that they find what is the problem. I remember reading a homeschool blog a few years ago where the mom-to-be had the condition where she vomited all the time during her pregnancy. (Forget the name of that.) She blogged every day, and every day I would chuckle to myself as I clicked onto her blog. The question was: will she mention vomit today? And yup, she always did. I couldn't help myself from visiting, because I was waiting for one post where she didn't tell about throwing up. That didn't happen until after she had the baby. I found it funny. Not that she had the problem, but that she blogged about it every single day.

I look at my blogging about "the pain" in the same light. Will I mention it today? I'm so tired of mentioning it, yet it's part of my life. So hopefully for everyone's sakes (mostly mine and my family, but my dear readers, too) the doc will find the problem. Then I won't mention pain again. Unless I pull a muscle working out or some such thing.

That's my hope, at least.

3 comments:

  1. No worries my dear. These blogs are to communicate, and if pain is the short order of the day, so be it!!
    I will keep you in my thoughts for Monday!!!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right-it's part of your life so, YUP-agree w/Missa-No worries. I'll be thinking of you come Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the journey that makes it interesting. There will be days you will talk about pain, but there will be days that you talk about great joy and pleasure. You are doing wonderful jo despite your pain. Please look at that.. you haven't gained. you've lost or maintained. You have come so far..You are not the same woman you once were. You're better, stronger, and mindful.
    Love you..
    You're going to come out on top after this surgery. Just you wait and see.
    PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER!

    ReplyDelete