A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.02.2010

Well, That Stinks...

Just updated my sidebar with my weights for the last two weeks. I'm up a pound for the entire month of May. That just stinks! The month was plagued with two periods, pain, a lot of water retention, but still...yuck.

Not hopeful for a big loss for the month of June, either. With surgery coming, recovering, lack of exercise due to surgery, etc.--I'm hoping to get back to May's 205.5 and hold it until I'm all recovered.

And so it goes. This is not stopping me. The month of May may have won the battle, but I will win the war. Eventually. lol :D

5 comments:

  1. frack :)
    why does your post make me wanna say NOOOO. THERE TOTALLY CAN BE CHANGES IN JUNE. PERHAPS NOT SCALE RELATED BUT HUUUGE HEALTHY LIVING HEALTHY HABIT ADDING CHANGES.

    but I wont ;)

    I shall just say YES you WILL win the war!


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "weigh-sayers" get all upset -- and by that, I mean really upset -- when the scale doesn't move as it should. But now that we've been at this for more than a year, we have learned these little blips are like detours on a road-trip. It won't change the destination, it won't even slow us down. It just is what it is. A range that changes daily. Not a pin-point on a map.
    Good job not falling for it, Jo! That's half the battle! You've already won the war. Now let's just ride out the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. with all the "stuff" you are going through right now a one lb gain is a SUCCESS!!!! You are doing fantastic and have a wonderful attitude. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure there was a time in your life when going through all this crap would have meant big gains on the scale...so how is this not a HUGE victory??

    You are doing this. Changing your life.

    Seriously, think about that for a minute. Most people go through life in whatever rut they've fallen into and just sit there till they die. You are one of the FEW who have actually CHANGED. Be proud! I'm proud of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete