A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.05.2010

I've Lost My Blogging Mojo

What is mojo, anyway? Whatever it is, I've lost it--blogging wise.

I've not updated my exercise bar, my weight bar...

Quick update:

weight is the same, 202-204 bouncing around
exercise has been good, although I haven't been logging it here!
mood has been pretty good
appetite has been voracious....gees, Louise, I've been hungry lately
family's good
critters are good
bored with our food....need new recipes
jumped on my first Cathe pre-order...I always need more exercise DVDs
school starts in a few weeks, I'm not even ready
getting new carpet in school room and basement...tons of work to do getting ready

BRAG: my son got the results from his standardized test and he scored in the 93rd percentile on the total battery, placing him in the post high school category (meaning he'd score the same as someone who has graduated high school) He just finished the 8th grade. Proof homeschooling is working well for him!!!

Um....that's about it.

I need to quit neglecting the blog. It's my story and I'll never remember the day-to-day stuff if I don't write it here!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're kind of where I've been lately. Not much happening, so I feel kind of bored with. You do update your FB regulary. I keep track of you there as well.

    A huge atta boy for the son. That is as much you as it is him. I appauld your efforts. If done right I think home schooling is the way to go. And I work for a school. A good school. Some kids just have special needs. I am glad there are options where the kids can really magnify there potential. And moms like you that go the extra mile. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you and here you are.
    Be well, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you're back, at least for a little while. ;)
    Pop by my blog for some new recipes. I try to post a new one every Tuesday.
    Cheers,
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO awesome about son scoring so highly! We are not planning to start until around the first of September.

    We are bored with our food too.

    I'm glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your son! And to you, for being such a wonderful loving parent. Jo--don't feel bad about the blog neglect---as long as you're not neglecting you. You deserve the best my friend...and you have an amazing story to share. Your inspiration for so many comes from your success and struggles...So when you can---keep writing and learning about yourself and your journey--others read, and it helps them too. But above all--take care of you and your son, like you already do--Because really, isn't that all that really matters at the end of the day? I so relate to the parental pride that flows from you...I'm very proud of my girls...

    You're one of the best my friend,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such GREAT news on the test scores! Way to go DS!

    I think everyone takes a break from their blogs in the summer. Vacations and activities are occupying their time... Don't ever feel bad about it. We support you regardless of the frequency of your posts.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly understand the whole blogging mojo thing, having just come back from hiatus. It's easy to slip up when you're gone though. But you have to write when you want to. When it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get your blogging mojo back because I miss your posts! I know that wall you hit where weight loss is no longer sexy. Keep pushing through it. Sounds like you're doing great though.

    And goooo Jo's son! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently loss my MOJO period and did a few blogs about it. not quite the same as blogging mojo. You deserve a break, but get mojovated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo, thanks for stopping by my blog. I was doing the exact bra thing..the top layer being a size too small. I'd bought as 3 pack of Fruit of the Loom sports bras at walmart for $10. This is very different. I've been wanting Enell for over a year and finally just said ..I'm doin it. I'm going to wash it in the sink so I can wear it everyday for the big workout days where I do high intensity cardio.

    I just looked over your blog and feel like I've found a friend. I too had a sister with ovarian Cancer and my mom died 5 years ago on July 10 and I miss her. I've been wanting to do the bod pod and may do it after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nice thing about the blogging world is that it is always ready when you are. You'll come back more often soon. Congrats on the accomplishments of your son. Wow-fantastic scores! Michele

    ReplyDelete