A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

9.25.2010

Determination

I asked my husband to guest blog for me tonight. He asked why, and I told him I couldn't think of anything to blog about. That's funny, because I talk...a lot.

This past week I have realized a few things:
1) My rate of weight loss SUCKS
2) It bothers me
3) On the other hand, I don't care because...
4) I'm determined.
5) And...I've got it.

I've been at this for 19 months! Never once have I wanted to throw in the towel. Never once have I wanted to go back to my old ways. Never once have I stopped believing in myself.

While I may not be close to goal, by golly, I'm at goal mentally. I've nailed it.

I'm a lifer. This is real, I'm reaping the benefits already, I'm just a tortoise. That's my lot in life, I accept it. However, I'm in it for life.

I win!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post...that is IT!
    I too am at goal...I've nailed it and it is just a matter of time.
    Jo hits goal mentally. THAT IS THE BIGGEST HURDLE.
    congrats! will be there when it happens cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win, alright! I don't think it's realistic to expect your rate of weight loss can be maintained over 18+ months. There are bound to be plateaus. The important thing is that you push on and know that you are capable of continuing on this path. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great and have lost a lot of weight fairly quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do win!!! Love love love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jo..i admire you right now more than you will ever know..I myself need an intervention. I wish I was where you were mentally..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WIN!

    Seriously, don't let the rate of weight loss bother you. Mine is super slow too but I don't care because I know I'm in it for the long haul and all those tiny losses each week add up.

    You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep at it! I, too, loose weight at a snail's pace But it is A OK because I know this time is for keeps and for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you do win!!!! 19 months is so incredible. You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete