So I took my blood sugar several times today to see how foods affected me. All day it was great. Tonight, I was hurting and in a lot of pain and since I was experimenting (that's my excuse) I decided to have some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. I was stupid and forgot to take my blood sugar before, d'oh!, but an hour after? 153. The highest it had been all day was 107.
We got spike, baby, big time.
Experiment working. Got it through my thick skull now: starch/pasta=NO JO!
Damn.
Well, I feel powerful knowing this--finally seeing the numbers, I have the science. I knew that wasn't good for me, but seeing is believing. Got it.
yup...white flour...bet if you tried white bread or pasta same same.
ReplyDeleteprocessed white is my nemesis.
ReplyDeletekryptonite?
either way.
not good for any of us IMO.
carla
Wow - what a spike! Keep experimenting...sounds like you're learning a lot. :)
ReplyDeleteYou might experiment with whole wheat pasta. Lower glycemic index.
ReplyDelete