I went shopping today. I picked up a couple things and then got in line. I recognized the clerk as one of my son's former playmate's mom. When it was my turn I was friendly and said, "Hi, how are you?" She looked at me kind of weird and said fine, thank you, did you find everything okay?
I thought mmm-kay, somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed? So I paid, she bagged, and as I was leaving, she said, "Wait, are you XYZ's mom?" I said yes. She said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight."
She did not even recognize me! I walked out to my car dumbfounded. She didn't even know who I was. I suppose her mind was turning trying to think while she was checking me out and it dawned on her as I was leaving.
It made my day. And the funny part? It was warm and I wanted to wear a sweatshirt hoodie instead of a winter coat, but I don't have one anymore. DH let me borrow his Vikings hoodie, which is a 2XL and it is huge on me. So my true figure didn't even show. (Boy, was I comfy, though!) Do I really look that different?
I did look at clothes, specifically jeans, and I had to, once again, remind myself not to go to the plus-size section. I wonder how long it will take to break that habit.
It boggles my mind that someone didn't recognize me, though. Wow.
That is just awesome!! What a compliment :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!! what is even more amazing to me is you filed this under VICTORIES: SMALL
ReplyDeletethis is a VICTORY: HUGE!!!!!!
WTG!! You are doing amazing
Huge non-scale victory..WTG babe
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day all around! It feels so good when people you haven't seen in a while notice all your hard work. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was like when I ran into my daughter's old karate teacher...the look of puzzlement on his face was priceless. lol.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jo, you deserve it!
That is a wonderful NSV!
ReplyDelete