A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

12.05.2010

Never a Dull Moment

I went to the ER last night. Why? Because I went potty and it was blood. They checked it, and yes, there was blood. I got the lecture that I'm in menopause and it's probably a period so the doctor needed to check that out.

Newsflash: I'm 45 years old. I've been having periods for 35 years. I know when I have them and when I don't. She said, "You were right." I had to bite my tongue and keep from saying: no sh*t.

That's all they did, and since it wasn't an UTI, I was told to see my doctor and get a referral to a urologist. Tomorrow morning I'll call.

I woke up crampy yesterday and it persisted all day. I've been crampy today, too, but there is no *visible* blood. That's just damned scary. Hubby thought I was overreacting, but I needed to get checked out/proof to give to my doctor.

Now to figure this latest turn of events out. sigh Will be taking my data to show my last few cycles and my pain chart and address that, too.

I am getting so down. I just am, can't help it. Pain, weird things happening, pain. Enough already. I feel fine mentally when I'm not having something go on. Situational.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Kidney stones?? don't they make you pee blood and have pain... What do I know??? sorry ((((hugs))))
    Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. I hope you figure this out and that it's what karla suggested...quickest and easiest fix out there. Hugs, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) when you hit perimenopause, you can toss your period charts out the window. 35 years like clockwork doesn't mean anything at that point.

    2) if you had a stone, you'd probably also have had a little bacteria, and pain wouldn't have persisted after you passed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said that 35 years of periods and I should still be like clockwork. Good grief. I said that after 35 years of periods, I KNOW when I am having a period. I know when there is blood coming from my vagina and when there is not.

    I will absolutely NOT toss those charts out the window. The charts document the pain and show its patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you. Definitely seek another doctor. There are plenty out there who do care about their patients and will listen to them, it just sometimes takes a while to find them.

    ReplyDelete