I have two kidney stones, one is 8 mm in the ureter and the other is 6 in the kidney. The doctor is going to laser them if he can reach them. If not, he'll place a stent and try again in a few weeks.
I really liked this doctor. He was pleasant, explained everything on my list of questions before I could ask them. He thinks this has been the source of my pain and that it will all clear up when the stones are gone. The stone in the ureter is causing me the pain.
Once he knows what the stones are made of, he'll be able to recommend preventative measures.
I had blood in my urine again, only I couldn't see it.
He'll use a spinal anesthesia. That's scary to me, remembering my C-section. That was not fun--but it's only seconds that are uncomfortable. After a few weeks, I should be good to go and back to doing whatever I want exercise wise.
I am SOOOOOOOOO hopeful!!
And bless his heart, he gave me medication to help with the pain. I could have kissed him for that.
I have a pre-op exam this afternoon.
This is happening so fast it's making my head spin. It's definitely a good thing, a huge step in the right direction!
Third surgery in 19 months. Wow. You know what they say, the third time is a charm.
Two stones...owwww. The one in the ureter would definitely be the more painful one.
ReplyDeleteI had spinal anesthesia to have my stone out (they had to enter through my urethra and take it out directly -lithotripsy and many different meds wouldn't make it budge...it was 16mm in the ureter). I also had conscious sedation, so I was asleep for the procedure, but not under GA.
They used a catheter on me until the anesthesia wore off - that wasn't fun. But overall, the surgery went well.
I hope this is IT for you with all the pain, and that you'll be back to normal soon.
Take care
xo
Debbie
Debbie, that's double the size of mine--I can only imagine how awful that must have been for you. I'm hoping and praying this is it, too. I miss cleaning my house (ha!), not worrying about going somewhere, not feeling well enough to get groceries, etc., but mostly I'm missing my workouts. I can't wait to get back into a good, solid workout routine.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery after surgery. I hope this does solve some problems and takes away the pain. Do the pain meds help? Hope so. Take care - I'm still amazed that you get over 10K steps when you're in so much pain.
ReplyDeletewishing for a quick recovery for you!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Monday. With the pain meds hopefully you'll be a lot more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the well wishes, everyone. They are appreciated very much!
ReplyDeleteTammy, you just gave me a boost of confidence and tomorrow's blog post! I'll share how and why I've been getting my steps in. =)
I will be praying for you on Monday! Load up on some good books and enjoy the down time. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad that you have something real to pin the pain on now. It must be horrible not to know. So glad that you are back writing again and that you continue to make progress. Hoping for the best for you!
ReplyDeleteplease be careful. I won't share here but hubby had a serious matter because of his stones.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for you....that you are going to be feeling better very soon!
ReplyDeletewell, maybe this will fix it. hey. Good luck jo.
ReplyDeleteHubby had one stuck in the ureter and it was terrible. I feel for ya. SO happy you're getting it out Monday.
ReplyDeleteYou'll do great! I'm so excited that you finally have an answer! Good luck on the surgery! You're going to feel so fabulous in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteOoh ouch 6 & 8mm!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for real pain meds.
I am soooooo hopeful for you too!!!!! So glad to hear they have figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi There,
ReplyDeleteI just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!
Awesome job on your success!
See you soon,
Michelle
Thinking good thoughts for you today. Keep us posted on how it goes.
ReplyDeleteI had them once but did not need surgery for them. They are VERY painful so I know what you are going through.
I'll be thinking about you. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back to your routine soon. XO
ReplyDelete