A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

2.25.2011

Sunshine!

My last post I asked God for some sunshine. He delivered to our home today.

First of, hubby had a fantastic day at work. I can't share what happened, but it was cause for celebration.

Then, I got some news that was positive in that it released a huge weight off my shoulders. It was a closure that I desperately longed for and needed, and it came totally out of the blue. I never thought I'd see the day. I feel so liberated. It's over. Closure. It's over.

Thank you, God.

So finally, I have a good day to report. I did a workout earlier and then since we went to a local Mexican restaurant, I had to guess at calories. I always worry when there is no nutritional information, but I'm good at estimating. At any rate, even though I did well, I was still nervous and decided to do some damage control just in case. I think if I compare what I ate to national chains, I went a bit over. So I did a rebounding workout. Holy cow, did that kick me hard!

I love rebounding, and I got a new rebounding workout for Christmas and then right after, I traded for a couple more. With the whole kidney store drama, I wasn't able to do them. I haven't stepped on the rebounder since before Christmas. Rebounding is fun, it's great, and is it ever a great leg workout--and my legs are screaming at me! I got the old Urban Rebounding disks. Most of them are short, 20-30 minutes. I think I may add one of the shorter ones every day to my exercise routine. It's fun, but it's also supposed to be very good for the lymphatic system. It's also easy on the joints, I love doing plyometric moves on it.

So great day, great news, great exercise, great food, great family, hubby, sweet son and me.

Our family really needed this wonderful day. =) We are grateful beyond words.

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. 2011 is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! So happy you had a wonderful day. :) Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! So, good to read about so many great things going your way! Stay strong, my friend, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want your gift of being able to estimate, because I DON'T have it! I haven't tried rebounding, but I've been interested. One day... I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! Your blog was a fun visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE THE TABATA! Lol. But I know that when I master it I will feel on top of the world, so I will continue. Thankfully it's not quite once a week in the rotation. I have been subbing standing abs instead of supine ab moves. So far so good, but it is sore sometimes. Happy healing to the kidneys! You're so right~take your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo, I thank you soooo much for posting so frequently. You give me inspiration to lose weight but also in general, I love reading about your progress.

    You motivate me alot. I know I'm still far behind (reading at the moment about 2009) but I decided to ready your posts from the beginning. I have decided to begin blogging my journey also, but I'm finding it very difficult to find any support. Can you tell me how you managed to find so many wonderful people to help you out?

    http://byenellysbelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad, Glad, Glad for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete