A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.03.2011

Commitment

Before I start this entry, I'd like to ask a favor. Please go visit Anaelle's blog. She's a new blogger and reached out to me asking how to get a support community going. Remember when you were new to the blogging community, it was daunting finding readers! So please go welcome her to the blogging community and follow her! Her blog. Thank you.

Commitment...

I never do challenges, ever. Well, I did one challenge once that a friend sponsored, but that's it. So I don't know what I was thinking, but a group of friends started a private challenge and, well, I joined it. It lasts three months! Yikes. I figured it would give me something positive to focus on, get my mind off all things kidney, and might be fun.

In the process, I was trying to figure out what fitness regimen I wanted to follow. I'm terrible at rotations--just awful. They're fun to plan, but I'm so moody when it's time to do the prescribed workout, I balk and put in something entirely different.

Well, I committed to something I have always wanted to do. I tried it once and lasted three weeks. This time I hope to make it. It's a three-month rotation. It's The FIRM's 90 Day Rotation. Oh yeah, all Anna Benson Firms, for 90 days.

I have allowed myself some changes:

1) I reserve the right to change out a workout. Some of her FIRMS were not made when the rotation was printed, so I want to be able to use them.

2) The workout The Hare is nice, but I cannot do it a gazillion times and it's in the rotation that many times. I allow myself to sub.

3) I know darned well after a short time I'll start craving Cathe workouts or Gin Miller or rebounder workouts or somebody else--and if that happens, I allow myself to have a doubles day and do what I'm craving in addition to the Firm of the day.

4) I will continue to walk on a daily basis to keep my step count high.

Now, here's to hoping that I follow through on this. I have always wanted to do this rotation, I love Anna's Firms, and this is the perfect time to give it a go!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it. set your mind and go. Can't wait to see what you are doing at the end of three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss success! I, too, am trying to lose weight and started to blog about my experience. I figure that the blog forces me to be honest about my weight loss or weight gain. I've never been a skinny girl. I've always been a little big, then pleasantly plump, and now I'm close to 200 pounds and scared.

    Due to some medical issues, I have been unable to exercise since September of last year. Since I'm an emotional eater, the pounds have snuck up on me. Who am I kidding? The pounds piled on with ease. I knew what I was doing, but I couldn't stop eating!

    Now, it is 2011, and I feel like I can really do it this year (regardless of my health). I can't relate to everyone's exercise story, but I live vicariously through you all.

    Thank you so much for sharing your story and inspiring me to continue!

    Amy
    www.talesfromthedietside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Ive been reading your blog from the start and I have no doubt in my mind that you have the power to accomplish what ever you want! :)

    I hope all is well with you, and thank you very much for your kind words about my blog at the start of your post :)

    ReplyDelete