So yesterday one of the BB coaches posted this: Have gratitude...not an attitude. I LOVE it!!! It's my new mantra. I have shortened it a bit, though: Gratitude not attitude.
Now, putting that new mantra into place isn't easy. Was telling the hubby about it and I flat-out said: It's easier to be pissed off. It's easier to be mad, pissy, whiny, grumpy, etc., than to look at the bright side.
I've never been a the glass is half-full kind of girl. I see the glass as in the middle. I call myself a realist, I see what is before me. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. So it's hard to be cheery. With the kidney stone stuff, I've been a half-empty girl, but I'm sick of talking about kidney stones...
So I'm going with the fake it until you make it stance. I keep reminding myself, whenever I get in a grumpy mood, gratitude not attitude. Come on spring, hurry up and get here I'm sick of it being 15-20 degrees below normal--oh, wait: I'm so happy it's not the middle of winter, 30 below zero--gratitude, not attitude. (That's definitely faking it.)
I'm working on it. Our minds are powerful things--and what we think, how we think, sets the tone for everything. So I'll opt to fake it until I make it.
Gratitude. I'm grateful for many things and choose not to dwell in the past. Well, I choose to try not to dwell or to stop myself when I do start dwelling. It's a start. ;-)
and it is a HUGE start.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI started to complain the other day it was only 50 degrees, then I was reminded that at least there is no snow! I'm with ya!
ReplyDeleteLove that attitude! :)
ReplyDeleteGREAT mantra and attitude. Think I'll start working on that as well. Nice post. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Oh, and I can't wait for spring weather to get here either. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! :)
ReplyDelete