A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.23.2011

Random Tidbits

My scale? It seems to like the same number. It's stuck there. That's okay, I just keep plugging away. It will get sick of that number soon enough.

Went to Wal-Mart last night and found Sean Anderson's favorite Joseph's Pitas. I can't wait to try one for lunch today! They look fluffy, soft and yummy. The ingredients list is good for a bread item and they're only 60 calories. I was so excited to find them. They were in the deli, not the bread aisle. I never go into the deli section but just happened to on a whim last night--lucky me!

It's snowing. It's March 23 and it's snowing. It's cold. It's 30 but feels like 20. Humidity is high from melting snow, all-day rain yesterday, and a touch of wind. Brrrr. Poor doggies, I'm a wimp, I don't want to go play with them. Funny how in January/February when it's 20 below, I can go outside with them and it is nasty cold but doable for a few minutes. Now? It feels much colder, only because we've had a touch of warmth. Spring is coming, and soon I'll be complaining that it's too hot and humid. lol

I bought a Kindle. The greatest thing ever. For years I have had difficulty reading books because my left eye goes completely blurry when reading. I can read a computer screen, but only a page or two at a time from a book--and I have to be sitting perfectly straight to do that. I've even been seen by a neurologist and had an MRI to figure the problem out, but they couldn't. I snuggled up in bed last night and read 1/3 of a book in an hour--I almost cried, I was in heaven. My eye did not go blurry, and I did enlarge the type on the screen. Why did I wait so long to get one? I've got many books to make up for! Plan on getting as many freebies as I can, but the very first book I bought was one of my favorites, Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston. I have the book in paperback, but due to the above reasons, I can't read very long. It has been updated and I felt it was just the right book for my first purchase.

Before I started this journey in February of 2009, my husband, son and I did a massive declutter spree on this house. We filled a dumpster, we donated van loads of stuff to the library, to the animal shelter, and to Salvation Army. The Epilepsy Foundation is my choice for donations, but they don't have a local pick up and we needed to unload now. Every room was gone through, decluttered and organized. It was liberating. I honestly believe it gave me the energy to start this journey.

Well, that was two years ago, I am a little bit of a clutter bug, and we've done some projects around the house that created clutter and it's time to do it again. I had read that book before we started the last declutter, and it's time to get inspired to do it again. I feel a major spring clean coming on.

I look at it as getting unstuck. I have been stuck for quite awhile, stuck in pain, in attitude, in depression, in frustration--and it's a physical way of making something great happen. So, soon, very soon, I'll be kicking booty here and decluttering again, washing walls, spring cleaning, and bringing back some loving, clean, fresh energy into this house.

Spring just brings out the energy, the life, the rebirth, doesn't it?

When you clear your clutter, get organized and fresh, you have more energy to devote to the things you love and to your goals. I'm ready for a fresh infusion of that energy!


2 comments:

  1. That scale will get moving again. Darn scales. They're so unpredictable!

    OMG, I'm so jealous!!! I want a Kindle. I'm such a book fiend. Would definitely declutter the house.

    ((HUGS)) to ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. spent today doing just that! I am actually donating four bibles to the good will, and keeping four. lol. I don't know why I have so many bibles.

    ReplyDelete