A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.26.2011

Blog Therapy

Sometimes I think there is amazing power in writing something down--and sometimes that happens when you write for yourself and for people to read, if they stumble across it. It's therapy to get it off your chest.

I was upset last night. This morning, it was my first thought. The bottom line is this: No one is perfect. People have shortcomings. I have many. People have wonderful qualities. I have many. My friends have shortcomings and wonderful qualities. It's kind of nice to know what those shortcomings are, though, so that a person can gauge their relationship. What I would do for a friend is different than what others would do for a friend. It's not right or wrong. Feelings get hurt: that's the nature of life. It is what it is.

So now I know. I know it, I have mulled it over, I've stored it in my memory bank, and now I move on.

Everyone has stinking thinking at times. It is inevitable. What we do when we have a negative thought, how we work through it, is what matters. Last night I just needed to ramble. I did, it was therapeutic to me, and now it's done.

Thank you for your comments. It does mean a lot to me when people take the time to comment and give support.

So with more clear vision this morning, I'm going to write a list of my stresses for myself. I'm going to brainstorm and write down a list of things I can do to help myself with those. Then I'm going to put it to action. This is a difficult task, because one really needs to step out of her shoes to do it, to come up with solutions. If I get stuck, I'll ask for help. I always remember that rule, five years from now will this bother you. I do know that some things the answer will be yes. Those will be my priority areas.

Most important is to get my brain in the right direction for weight loss.

Another thing I'm going to do, and this may take me awhile, is write an Emergency Preparedness List for when I'm in the dumps. I need a list that I can read of all the good things, all my loves in life, family, friends, joys, good qualities. It's far to easy to get sucked into that vacuum of negativity. I think we need to take root, know our strengths and be reminded of them when we are hurting. So call it a self-esteem board, a positive list, a happy place marker, a dream board, whatever, I think it's important. When we focus on the really good things in life, the crap seems so small in comparison.

On my Emergency Preparedness List, I'm going to include things to do, places to go, things to see. Sometimes I just feel so stuck that I don't even want to go anywhere. It will be my escape plan, my emergency exit for when I need to escape negativity. The number one place I can go when stressed, though, is my living room. Sometimes all I need to do is pop in an exercise DVD and I am transported into a different dimension. I forget everything and just enjoy working hard.

And that's that. A good night's sleep, a better perspective, a little rambling free writing, support from bloggers=much better now.

2 comments:

  1. You sound so much better! Love your thought for an emergency plan for being in the dumps. Always have a plan. Just like loosing weight!

    Glad you feel better. I hope you work things out with your friend. You will get back on the right track weight wise. Just give your self a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You recognize you had a bad day, compounded by bad thoughts and you got over it and even have a plan to move forward for next time. You rock!!

    I got your email :) Thanks for replying, I went "off" Facebook about a month ago so that's not going to work.

    But..we are both here in Blogland :)

    ReplyDelete