A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.14.2011

180's

I don't blog much anymore. I don't know why! I'm really kicking it right now with weight loss.

Anyway, I hit 189 pounds today. First time since 1993 that I've been in the 180s. I broke my "192" curse. I got to 192 in 2001 and again in January of this year. Both times I gained weight. The first time was stress and I gave up. This year it was the kidney stone surgery/depression/change of diet due to the kidney stones.

Well, since August 1st I've been hot and on the move. I busted that curse and plan on keep going all the way to goal--whatever that is. I updated my goal page, and I'm re-thinking what exactly my goal is. I still say I'll know it when I get there.

Unbelievable to think I'm in the 180s. Me. After all the grief, pain, and hard work: finally. I'm six and a half pounds from losing 100 pounds. I WILL be there soon.

11 comments:

  1. Way to go! I always wonder how people are doing when they haven't posted in a while, and it looks like you are doing AMAZING! Way to kick that curse's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo I am so proud of you!!! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I will say it here too! awesome! Yeah Jo! Can't wait to see your 100 lbs lost post..I think you ought to do the whole 100 reason or things losing weight has done for you.. I had to...maybe we should make it the right of passage for every person who gets to the 100 lb lost mark! Go You. You will be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and awesome. I'm glad you let us know how you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow!

    I recently posted about boundaries....glad you burst through yours!

    That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....gives hope and inspiration to us all. Glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! congratulations :) So close to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O-M-G!!!! You never gave up.... I hate to admit this, but the fact you lost and gained back to 222 is a big motivator and help to me. Why? Because you Never Gave Up...seems life MADE you sit on the sideline a couple times..but still, your determination pushed you through all the bullcrap and hardship - wow. Congrats, Congrats, and Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to just HUG you. So, so very happy for you :) You are such an amazing inspiration that persistence is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Jo!!!! I'm so proud of you. I know for me there were certain numbers on the scale that made it mentally hard to get past. So terrific job on getting below your tough number. Here's to goal!!!

    ReplyDelete