A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.15.2013

Some New Goals

I need some new goals to work toward.  If we don't set goals, we just float and go nowhere.

1) To get back into ONEderland.
2) To get back to my lowest weight of 174.
3) To workout daily, and rest days do stretching
4) To learn kettlebells, not just do kettlebells.  There is a difference.  I need a lot of work.
5) To ride the *(%$# Airdyne three times a week.  Small goal for that to get me started. I don't like riding a bike at all, but it's all I have for cardio (besides kettlebells) and it is a must.
6) To improve my attitude!  See #5.   Working on a positive attitude.
7) To get back into my clothes.  I have two pair of jeans that fit right now. I refuse to buy a larger size.  Refuse.
8) To eat healthier.  I admit my food choices haven't been the best.  I don't like to cook, so I'm working on ways around that. (Looking for HEALTHY crockpot recipes. Then I can go into the kitchen in the peace and quiet of morning, prepare my food for the day (and beyond) and just be done.
9) To work on stress reduction.  Major need for this.

My weight just kind of floats around the same area, but my body has changed.  Stress=cortisol=belly fat. My tummy, to me, is huge. I'm very uncomfortable.  Photos make me gag, I don't like how it looks.  But it's not about looks, it's about health.  And belly fat is indicative of heart troubles...so it has to go. I don't want it anymore.

I've never been one for rewards.  The reward is the number on the blood tests, the size of clothing, but most importantly, feeling better and being able to do more.  I am going to save up for a trip for some kettlebell coaching this spring.  I don't know where I'll get the money, because I don't have a job.  I'll figure something out, though.

Remember the AA prayer?  God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Yeah, that.  Some things are great, some things aren't.  Just have to focus on the POSITIVE, change what you can, and go with the flow what you can't.  I can change what I eat, I can work on stress reduction, I can up the exercise.  And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment