A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.26.2014

My New Gym Bag

I tried.  Oh, how I tried.  I wanted another gym bag to keep in my car for when I work out at school, an hour from where I live.  My bag doesn't fit in the locker very well.  So I thought a backpack would work better--and I still think that.  However, I found one on clearance and DH agreed to buy it.  $22.  Well, it's too small.  My stuff, including a workout outfit, shoes, towel, heart rate monitor, arm band, and my workout log just barely fit.  Barely.  I didn't get the toiletries in there.  Yet.  That thing is stuffed.

He won't be happy, so I'll just keep it to myself.  Maybe the back to school sales will have a deal?  Or not, backpacks are expensive.  So are gym bags.

And so it goes.  All ready to hit the gym tomorrow and have my friend force me to do flutter kicks, push ups, planks and crunches.  Those are my favorite things! (NOT!!!)

Another thing I'd really like to do is hit my chain gym in that town.  They have a step mill and I still haven't tried that.  The weight room at school is very cool but full of young studly guys, and my friend doesn't want to do weights.  I think I just need to walk through it, maybe with my video camera going, and map out what's there and try it someday.

I like working out. It gives me a high unlike everything else.  I like the school because the bike saddles are very comfortable.  My gym's saddles hurt my tail bone.  With my wonky feet, biking is all that I do.  I need to become friends with the Concept2 Rower. Someday.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Right now the most important thing is consistency, getting in my groove, and doing.  I need to add kettlebells back in, and push harder with the weight training--but one step at a time.

Every day, getting stronger and better.  It will all come together!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER.
    consistency is key---with that ALL ELSE falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!! I wish I exercised as regularly as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming together beautifully, Jo. Fantastic attitude and approach. Weight training---oh my---I need to take a page from your workout journal! :)

    ReplyDelete