A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.14.2015

I'm Feeling It!!!

You know that feeling deep down in your soul when the stars are aligned and everything is just--right?  Yeah, I'm there.

I made a new and completely different plan for myself.  I calibrated my kitchen scale. New foods, new ideas, a new perspective.  I am starting fresh, and boom. I got "it."  I have the excitement, the desire, the determination, and the recipe for consistency.

I'm feeling it. That's what it takes.

In case you're not feeling it, please take this advice:  Fake it until you make it.

It takes confidence: I have it.  It takes determination: I have it.  It takes getting your head squared away:  There.

I haven't had this feeling in a very long time.  I like it.

I'm riding this wave, and if that feeling dissipates, I'll just fake it until it's back.

I'm worth it.  No matter what life is like, no matter how sad, depressing, happy, beautiful, whatever...health is always of utmost importance.  Follow your heart, listen to your soul.  Don't look in the mirror and see ugly, look into your soul and see your beauty.  We are all beautiful, we are all strong, and we all can do this.




4 comments:

  1. That "feeling" is tough to get sometimes. I had it for a very long time, lost 170 lbs., and kept it off for several years. Then I lost the "feeling," and gained back 30. Got the "feeling" back in June last year, and lost that 30 pounds, before immediately losing the "feeling" once again and gaining back that 30 pounds just since Christmas. I think the think that scares me the most is because I got the "feeling" back once, I think it will come back again, but that ignores the fact that I didn't find the "feeling" for almost 30 years of morbid obesity. Plus, this latest 30-lb. gain was FAST. It is the result of binge eating, and that scares me too. I'm going to try and fake it for a while, and see if I can get that "feeling" back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, kudos to you for your awesome loss. Your gain wasn't that much, and statistically you are a rock star and have accomplished what most don't. I know that I am a super fast gainer. It helps when you're on, but it seems the earth, stars, moon and sun must align in order for it to happen. All through my journey, I have never given up. I've sure had my roadblocks, depression, frustrations and gained--more than you did, but I just never gave up. "It" was always present, it meaning the desire. I never gave up and said screw this. Pardon my language. It will come. And what gave me the feeling this time was trying something totally new, different and something I never would have done. What I'm doing is not something I will do for life, but it is easing me back into my rhythm. Keep doing it, dupster, you'll obtain your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH THIS MAKES ME :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete