Last night I got sick. Had lots of "pain." I get the same pain all the time in my belly, and it was high last night. 7-8 out of 10.
Stayed on plan, though. Had leftovers for supper, potato casserole and eggs. Was very good and filling.
Decided to not tell anyone about being on a diet. Well, any of my close friends. Why? Because everyone is always full of advice, do this, or this is the healthiest, or don't diet, just eat whole foods, or blah, blah, blah.
My husband just said there are so many diets out there because everyone is different. I love Weight Watchers, it works for me, and it's healthful. So I don't want to have to defend my choice or listen to all the garbage from people.
Sometimes I want to say to my buddy if Atkins is so great for you, why are you fat? I don't, though, as I believe in manners. I may not have the best manners in my thinking, but I do with my mouth.
Today I ate well, short on veggies and fruits...go figure. That's one thing I really need to work on. Veggies taste like dirt to me. They always have. I like the sugary veggies, the roots. Can't stand cruciferous veggies at all.
Start with salads, work my way up to healthier greens in the salads, and then expand.
I'm still in shock that I got so high with my weight.
I did notice a different feeling in my stomach today. I can't describe it in words, but I know the feeling...my body is shifting. The first couple weeks of a diet, I always lose a lot. Water weight. I can feel it, though. I don't feel better yet, and I won't for a long time. I remember when I got my 10% award at Weight Watchers the last time (I started at 264 then) and the leader asked me if I had more energy and felt better. I smiled and lied through my teeth. I didn't.
I didn't feel better and have more energy until I got below 220. When I got below 200, I really felt better. It takes awhile, the heavier you are.
I put a ticker on this blog. My goal weight is 175. High by WW standards, but attainable to me. Who knows what will happen when I get there. What struck me, though, is that I only have 107.5 to lose. That didn't seem so bad to me. In my brain, it feels like I have 200 to lose. I don't. And time goes fast, weight comes off steadily and slowly, but it won't take that long in the scheme of things. Patience is a virtue.
I am also not telling anyone. I hate unsolicited advice. I dont need anyone to tell me how to lose weight, or what to eat or how to exercise. Or that I dont "need" to diet. Im doing it for me anyways, not them, so they dont need to know. I am going to try and give weight watchers a go.
ReplyDelete