
I own it. I bought it in the '80s. My copy is about worn out. This morning I got it out of my exercise box, put it in the VCR and worked out.
Kinda. I did my best. I did great with the arm part, most the leg part. For me, I even did okay with the ab part--if okay means I did about 1/4 of it. No way could I do the bicycle.
I learned that my right hip is extremely weak. I was very easy on it as I don't want any injuries.
I learned that I need to clean my carpet.
I learned that I am really fat and that gets in the way of doing these exercises.
I learned that a fat leg is very heavy to lift.
I learned that my head feels like it weighs 50 pounds when doing ab work.
I learned that my body is not very strong.
On the positive:
I learned that I really like to exercise like this. I like this tape.
I learned that I wasn't as bad as I feared. Not great, but not as bad.
I learned that this really feels good overall on my body when I'm done.
I learned that I can indeed feel the burn...sometimes after just one rep. In which case, I slowed way down and only did a few out of the entire set.
I learned that I long for the 80s and '90s Spandex workout pants, the ones that went to the knee. They were so comfortable to work out in.
I also learned that I would die of embarrassment if anyone saw me doing this workout! My son was working on his writing assignment and so I had a half hour to kill. I forbade him from coming into the living room. It's a good thing, I wouldn't want to scar him for life.
I think I'm going to do this every other day. It's good stretching, good section work, and it feels good. I don't bounce much like she does--I think that we know now that bouncing isn't that good. It's just a nice routine. I never once looked at the clock to see if how much longer. I actually enjoyed it.
Next time I see this at a garage sale or thrift shop, I'm going to buy it. My copy blipped in about four spots. I wish she'd release an anniversary copy. This was made in 1982. I was a junior in high school. I could do everything on it then, but I never did the advanced. Maybe someday I'll get back to that state!
I do know this: If I do this every other day, my body will get stronger and I'll be able to do more and more.
Congrats on doing this and wanting more! Although, I can't support the fashion of the video. Sorry, just can't happen for me :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, great job! I need to get my ass in gear and do some cardio tapes when I can't get outside for whatever reason.
lol...the spandex pants i'm referring to aren't in the video. Doing the video took me back and reminded me of mine. They were like leggings, nice and tight yet comfortable, to the knee.
ReplyDeleteoh bicycle shorts? and I know what you mean by stuck in the 80's..My iphone music seems to be stuck there too. lol..
ReplyDeletegreat job on your workout this morning..WTG!!!(weigh to go)
Good job. Keep going at it. A little each day will add-up. I applaud you for your courage.
ReplyDeleteOMG, I remember that video! Your post totally cracked me up. :)
ReplyDeleteHey be careful with that workout, okay? My mom had that tape, and I used to do it all the time, and jacked my neck up! I read a few years ago somewhere (sorry to be vague but I truly don't remember) that video and others from back then had dangerous moves that could hurt you (their definition of low impact aerobics was different back then).
ReplyDelete