A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.01.2009

And So it Goes..

I'm behind on points for the day. Weird, about 12 my tummy settled and I haven't been hungry. I had a small lunch. I wish this would happen every day. Tomorrow I'll probably be willing to eat the wall paper off the walls again.

My son and I are going to go out of state this weekend to the health fair. (It's only a 2-hour drive from us.) They will do an Omega-3 panel for $25, and a standard blood test for $25. They also have booths and different things to visit. I'll have my blood glucose tested for free. That one scares me the most. Really.

I am sitting here looking at my blood test results from one year ago. I was hospitalized due to a massive panic attack where I thought I was dying, having a heart attack. It was very scary. The nice nurse printed out all the blood tests for me, which my doctor never does--he just writes me a letter mentioning the not normal numbers. So I want this blood work done for a baseline. I wish I could have done it at the start of my journey.

I notice that I gained 18 pounds from one year ago until my starting weight of 282.5. I'm 3 1/2 pounds from last year's weight! I'm thankful for that, and anxious to see it continue to fall. It was the hardest year of my life. Without a doubt, the stress nearly did me in. Thankfully I have Xanax now, which helps tremendously. I gained 50 pounds in about six months when my mom died, so at least it was only 18 this time.

Hubby offered to stay home and babysit all the doggies instead of going with us. He wanted to go, but we both decided that taking three dogs to a motel, one adult having to wait in the van with the dogs (even though they're crated) while the other runs in to do the blood test, was all too big of a PITA. So he said...this is funny...he said, "I'll let you go." Oh, evil me, I said, "WHAT?" He thought that was so darned funny, he said it on purpose. We live in a very small town and honestly, it's like going back in time 50 years. I'd say 3/4 of the people we know actually think like that. Thank God my husband does not. Without my even telling him why I wanted to go, he told me he thought it would be a great idea to get a baseline of my blood work. Ah, great guy.

So DS and I will get a room, swim Friday night, I'll have to fast, ugh! We'll get up and go straight to the fair and hope and pray I don't have to wait long because going 12 hours without food isn't pleasant, and I'm not fun to be around. Then I'll eat a breakfast cookie which will be in my purse, we'll check the rest of the fair out and then we'll go to the Olive Garden for lunch. Then we'll come home.

As my husband joked, it would be easier for me to just go to the doctor. And cheaper. Shoot, this is more fun. Besides, I don't think my doctor would order a blood test in May if he had just given me one in April. In fact, depending on the results of the test, I may just make my appointment in June instead.

Every time I've come to the computer, I've checked out motel rooms. This town we're going to is more expensive, and an indoor pool is a must. I can get a room right across from the fair for $80. I just keep freezing, not making the reservation. A weird little quirk of mine.

Tomorrow we start basic obedience with all three of our dogs. My husband was quite shocked when I reminded him of that. He was looking forward to a quiet evening at home where he could eat whatever. Now he'll be subject to Taco Bell, which he doesn't like.

I have screwed up supper again. Hubby and DS went to the store to buy the poor dogs a bone, and they decided to get a deli chicken while there. I didn't get the cheeseburger crockpot stuff going. So Ill have to make something for me. Something tells me my dinner will include pasta.


I have to do laundry, get my taxes ready and make an appointment--last year we were the last appointment on the 15th. Hopefully I'll get an appointment next week. I'm so stupid to do that. I also have to get my car license plates renewed...they expired today. Gee, hubby took my car, I hope he doesn't get pulled over!

I did not exercise today. I did vacuum the entire house and mop and mop and mop the floors. It's spring, the back yard is mud, and I have three dogs. What a mess.

Yada, yada, yada. I am a bit loquacious, aren't I?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you've got a lot going on! Good luck at the fair, I hope your results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the muddy dogs and the dirty floors.

    ReplyDelete