I feel like I haven't blogged in a year.
We drove to our obedience class last week and discussed the fact we needed a new vehicle. Our old van just had $400 worth of repairs and they didn't work. The van is so old, has driven us all around the country, the AC doesn't work....yada, yada, yada. We need a car that would fit all our kids, human and canine. So Friday I spent the entire day on the internet searching which vehicles had three rows of seats, fuel economy, safety record, blah blah blah.
My hubby took Friday afternoon off work so we could go look. Never thought we'd find one and buy it, but we did. We now own one of the worst gas guzzling vehicles out there: a Suburban. It's six years old, fully loaded, and we just hope it won't need many repairs. It will suit our needs. We thought about buying a new car, but didn't want to spend that much.
I must say it is always stressful to me when we buy a big ticket item. Nonetheless I stayed on plan, even when my hubby and son were eating gas station candy bars while we were looking for cars.
I laugh at the term "big ticket." I watch Bravo sometimes at night while I'm working and the Housewives shows...they spend more on a dress than we did on a car. I live in such a different reality!
I kind of think that I was supposed to be here on Friday to find that great car instead of traveling to the health fair. I look at these things in terms of "it was meant to be."
The really good thing about us having a gas guzzling vehicle is that we usually put about 5-7,000 miles on our cars a year. We're not big drivers, so I feel less guilty that way. =)
I'm behind on blogs, behind on housework, behind on a lot of things, so this weekend I hope to catch up. We're expecting 7-11 inches of snow! We're in a blizzard warning. In April. UGH At least it's not so nasty cold. Next week we're expecting 50-degree days again, so one last hurrah of snow and we'll be done. Whew.
I haven't been weighing daily....too busy and forgetful. I did pop on the scale this morning after I was fully dressed and accounting for clothing, I am about the same as I was Monday. That's fine. I have noticed my jeans are a bit looser which is lovely. The new shirts I bought myself that were tight in the belly but fit everywhere else are now not tight in the belly. I'm wearing one now, loving it.
So that's just all good.
Waiting patiently for Monday, when we will pick up the new car.
Glad to hear you found a new vehicle. I get stressed out over big ticket items too.
ReplyDeleteIt is always nice when clothes get to feeling loose.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
congrats on the clothes girl!!whoohooooo
ReplyDeleteglad you were able to find something to help you out driving.
hope you have a great weekend