A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.01.2009

Middle of the Night

I woke up about 1:30, got up for a bit and then tried to go back to sleep. No go. I got up again, had a breakfast cookie and glass of soy chocolate milk, hoping it would induce sleep. Nothing yet.

My tummy was really bad today. By dinner time it was all better, though. I just don't understand it. So when I got up the second time, I figured maybe it would feel better if I had something in it. It bums me, eating in the middle of the night. I decided to take the points from the flex pool instead of Wednesday's allotment. I'm still afraid of eating those flexies because it just seems like too many points -- more than when I did Winning Points.

I've been catching up on blogs. I read through Bloglines and it doesn't always update instantly. So I was thrilled to read all the great losses everyone is having.

I Googled health fairs in my area. There is one this weekend in a town about 100 miles from here. I would really like to go. I wrote my hubby a note and taped it to the cupboard that houses the coffee so I know he'll see it. I'd like to get a CBC done. I don't go for my physical until the end of May, and I want to see my numbers. I'd like to see if they've improved over last year, and if I can get them even better by May. The blood work is just as important to me, if not more so, than the weight.

I have decided that even if he doesn't want to go, I may go anyway. My son and I could make a day of it, hit the zoo or go shopping or do something fun. I'm suspecting hubby will say no due to the fact we have three dogs now. It's hard to travel with that many critters, and we don't have a good kennel in our town. Shoot, they've never even been boarded overnight.

Well, I'm going to try to get some sleep. My tummy is feeling better. I need to remember many small meals when it's upset like this. For some reason that helps.

3 comments:

  1. I hate waking up in the night and wasting calories on snacks to get back to sleep again!

    The health fair sounds good, if you do go I would love to hear about it, we don't have those over here.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. My mom has to eat in the middle of the night because she always has stomach issues.

    I like health fairs. We had a small one at work a couple of weeks ago and I am waiting on my results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sweety. I hope your tummy feels better soon. :)

    A health fair sounds fun! Except I don't like being punctured for blood samples. Do they have other things to do at them? I'll have to try to find one.

    Oh and your breakfast/dinner looks so good. Sprinkle some parsley on it and then you have some green. haha

    ReplyDelete