A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.28.2009

Laughter

Getting ready for obedience class tonight, I put on a pair of denim capris that came straight out of the dryer. They were not small enough for me to think of getting a new size--in the waist. In the butt? Oh my gosh, do they hang. I couldn't believe the amount of extra fabric. I ran to my bedroom, grabbed a hand mirror, stood on a trunk and looked at my butt in the mirror.

On a weight loss journey, you MUST be able to laugh at yourself.

My butt is much smaller. It is very defined (well, in comparison to the rest of my body.) My legs are thinning. But the spare tire? Oh my gosh, it's huge. Here's the funny part. I lifted my shirt up to my waist, and pulled my capris tight across my butt. Right then, my husband walked in the room. Crickets. Neither of us said a word. Then we both burst out in laughter. It appears like I have a size 16 butt with this great-big ring of fat on my hips and belly. It looks like I am a doll, and someone screwed the wrong size, too small bottom on a fat top.

It is hilarious. I can laugh because I know my body is changing. I know that spare tire will be gone. Hopefully soon. I wish the weight would come off in better proportion, but who am I to complain, my butt is getting smaller!

I didn't have a camera handy. I don't know that I want to show that off anyway. The baggy capris in the butt is one thing, but it just looks so weird. It is funny.

All I can say is thank God for long tops.

13 comments:

  1. hahahaaha I wish you had pictures!! But great images nonetheless! :> You will have a matching, small upper body in no time I'm sure!
    I wish I had a small bottom too~ proportionally I am bigger on the bottom and smaller on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on losing some of the butt lol. I have to agree I am bigger in the bottom then the top I can't wait to see my butt decreasing along with other parts of me keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it the Apache style of weight loss - a patchy here and a patchy there! Especially when I'm exercising, I tend to lose around my hips, thighs and butt first. As a consequence my pants are all too large for me, but still snug in the waist. The waist is always the last to go!

    Well done! You can be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers to long tops! From another lady whose behind is smaller in comparison to her belly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, it sure seems like things come off weird lol. Good you can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so funny when you start seeing your body change. Im a pear... have a BIG butt- little waist- large thighs. All of a sudden my butt has shrunk. Im not complaining! lol But I keep looking at it in the mirror when I pass...Who is this girl Im turning into? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A smaller tush is an awesome accomplishment!! I think I'm going to have the same problem as you with the spare tire. I know it'll probably be the last to go. Don't you just love how our bodies work?

    That Apache style is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. Changes that are actually noticable are really fun.

    I've been having trouble commenting on your site this last week. Hope this one goes thru.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know what you mean. I had gotten a pair of pants from my mom. They were a little thight... and I wasn't comfortable wearing them. So 2 weeks alter i tried them on again... ooowww they fit. i never looked at myself from behind before I left for a day out of the house... I got home, caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. HOLY COW!! The butt (which 2 weeks ago was not saggy) was so saggy I looked like I was wearing pants that were 3 sizes too big. I looked HUGE to top it off because of how baggy they were. Needless to say i was appalled at how I looked all day. I was shocked at how loose they REALLY were and doanted them. :):):) Feels good, but yes, a little embarrassing at times :) WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apache style! Bahahahahahahaha! My butt is doing the same thing. I can feel the muscles in it but as for the rest of me... it will be soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, great achievement - oh, to have a smaller butt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah to the incredible shrinking butt!! Whoohoo!!..And the *Butt* of the joke.. Now Can you bounce a quarter off of it? Okay..Maybe my humor has gone to the dogs..

    But I do congratulate you on this huge NSV today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been have pants-issues lately, too. New or old, pants just don't fit right at the moment. My body is going through lots of weird shape changes as I lose.

    Still, feels pretty good to shrink, eh?

    ReplyDelete