Not long after I got off the computer this morning, I started doing chores. I was emptying the dishwasher when a pain hit me, a down-in-that-area pain. It was very sharp and doubled me over. It was over in three seconds.
Spooky.
Continued emptying the dishwasher. Boom, it hit again. Finished the dishwasher and sat down for a spell. Boom, another one. I took some Motrin.
Boom, boom, boom. I started timing it. Every 2-7 or 8 minutes, boom.
Called the doctor's office. She called me back 10 minutes later. (What a saint, to actually have a doctor call me back!) Told her my symptoms, she told me it was the ovarian cyst rupturing. Told me what to watch for and when to call back if need be.
Then the funny part: Expect this to last another 24 hours or so.
Yippy Skippy! I get to experience a sharp pain that doubles me over every 2-8 minutes for the next 24 hours or so. Aren't I lucky? (Yes, I am lucky, worse things could happen.) But still....I am laughing hysterically, watching the clock, grabbing a pillow to hold tight when a boom booms.
No exercise yesterday due to the cramps from the procedure.
No exercise today due to the booms.
Good grief, Charlie Brown.
A sense of humor will get me through this! And yes, my sense of humor is sincere. What else can you do, ya know? Might as well laugh at it!
What a great attitude with it all. I'm sorry you have to go through this though, what a crappy way to spend the day. Laughing is definitely better than crying though.
ReplyDeleteMan, that is awful. I hope the light at the end of the tunnel will be that the cyst is gone and your symptoms will improve.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're having to go through all of this, Jo. Hope the cyst resolves itself in less than 24 hours...hang in there!
ReplyDeleteGood heavens! I hope it's over quickly!
ReplyDeleteSometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying!
ReplyDeleteFeel better.
I thought you were gonna pull an april fools joke on me girl..I need to send you an email about next monday!
ReplyDeleteWhat can you do but laugh?
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! I admire your ability to look at it that way. I know I would cry for sure!
ReplyDeleteDang, girl! You have cyst explosions going on? Ouch! Hang in there. You can make it through this tough part. I'm hurtin' for you.
ReplyDeleteOh I feel for you :( I hope you are starting to feel better =]
ReplyDeletekazz =]
Hope you feel better soon:)
ReplyDeleteYou DO have a great attitude. I hope yours will be the exception to the rule, and that it will last much less than 24 hours. :(
ReplyDeleteYeouch! I hope you feel better quickly!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I hope it is over soon! Feel better! Sometimes it helps(just a little) to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
ReplyDeleteWow! It's great that you can laugh about it. I had a friend in college who got those and I've heard they're sooo painful. Hope it's better soon!
ReplyDeleteOuch - used to get these regularly, pain to fainting stage until I got a hormone coil. Bliss, pain free and easier periods too.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon!