Hubby had a doctor's appointment in the big city, so we left the house at 8:45. He took the entire day off so we could have fun. At the last minute, we decided to leave the dogs home which would shorten our trip. There's just nothing more fun that taking your dogs into the pet store, but we'll save that for another day.
We hit the book store, and I wasn't feeling hot so I grabbed a decaf at the Starbucks and went outside and waited for the boys. Then to the pet store without our babies and then out to lunch. Hubby insisted on Wendy's. I told him I couldn't do it, I wanted Taco Bell because I know the points there. We compromised on both--I'd drive through TB and take it in to Wendy's. I really don't like doing that, so I caved.
At Wendy's, I was-a-gonna get a burger and baked potato. The thought of eating a dry potato didn't appeal to me, and I didn't have butter spray in my purse. I thought of a side salad, but I don't like salad dressing--I use Fiber One cottage cheese. So I did it, I got a #1: single, fries and a diet Coke. Swapped my fries for my son's, as his were the small size. Total points: 16. Worth it? Well, it tasted good but I was starving two hours later. Not worth it for 16 points. I prefer hamburgers at home with my light buns and baked fries if I have to have fries. We usually just eat a salad now with a burger.
I love beef and won't ever give it up, but I prefer the 93% as opposed to whatever Wendy's is.
After that we went to Sam's Club. Spent $104 and got stocked up. Got some good deals, chicken, wings and shrimp for the boys, and then I found it: Cabot's 50% Light Cheddar Cheese. Heather had blogged about this cheese and I couldn't believe I actually found it!
Got home, put everything up, played with the pups and then I had to have some cheese. I cut a slice, weighed it and hit 1 ounce on the dot. 2 points. It was 2 points of heaven. Lower fat cheese with taste! It did not taste like cheddar, but it was so good. I knew it would be great on pizza. Hubby liked it, too, and he's really picky about cheese.
So tonight for dinner, the boys ate their stuff and I made pizza. I didn't have English muffins, so I used the sandwich thins. Toasted them, added pizza sauce, then shredded the cheese, then toasted again. 3 points for two mini-pizzas. It was heaven. I will never buy a frozen pizza again. The sandwich thins were perfect! Great with a salad. Mmmmm.
Next time I go to the store I will use a trick I learned on Heather's blog. She combines 2% cheese with the fat free to lower the points. She says it melts great, and if you watch her last video, you will see that it does. That Cabot's cheese is so flavorful that I'm sure I won't notice FF cheese in the mix.
I had a rough day yesterday that I will blog about later in the week. (Massive panic attack.) My body ached all day today and it was a chore doing all that walking. I had intended on working out when we got home, but I was just so stiff and sore I couldn't. I know that it would have helped that stiffness, but I couldn't. I took a long nap instead.
I want to thank Ang for featuring me as her blogger of the week. I was very honored that she chose me. When she sent me the questions, one really through me for a loop. It was the question about dreams. I had not realized it until I was answering her question, but I quit dreaming a long time ago. My husband and I had several long talks about it. Seems he quit dreaming, too. I don't know why he quit, but I know my weight was why I didn't dream.
So all thanks to Ang, hubby and I have been dreaming out loud, brainstorm dreaming, if you will. We've had some wonderful conversations about what we want. Of course everything is thwarted by lack of money, however, we have settled on a goal with lots of possibilities. We have started a fund to buy a pop-up camper. We've been looking at places we can camp that are close--and there are a lot. This is something we can do with our dogs as well. We used to camp a lot before our son came along, but life got in the way, I guess. We're older now, and sleeping on the hard ground isn't too appealing to either of us.
So thanks, Ang, you really touched our family in a very positive way. =)
((((jo))))
ReplyDeletehope you loosen up and are feelin better tomorrow babe!
You are the inspiration this week Jo! (not me) Believe in yourself as much as I believe in you!
Love ya!
I love to go to Sams and stock up! (tax time is about the only time we actually have money to do so, though). I'm glad you found some good cheese. I'm so proud that you did the wendy's thing and still saved the day with a low point supper. You rock!
ReplyDeleteWendy's and Taco Bell, two of my favorites! Those pizzas sound fantastic. I've got to find that cheese!! I remember that post you spoke of that featured the cheese. I still haven't found it!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to dream again? I'm so happy for you and yours, I really am.
Blessings,
Sean
Sounds busy busy. :D you sound really positive, missus. I like that. Glad Ang featured you, you deserve all the praise!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a busy day. I get the a small chili at Wendy's, it's like 7 points. It's good too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the scale going in the right direction! You're doing great!
I read Ang's blog post of you. Wow! Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteWhen you make your camper fund, make sure to get cots or air mattresses. They have such cool things these days!
Congrats blogger of the week!!
ReplyDeleteAlso I was going to tell you I just signed up for Weight Watchers! I'm super excited about it :)
I'm a Costco gal (same diff I'm sure). I love stocking up!
Hope you're having a great week :)
Congrats Jo!!!! I did the same thing with Wendy's on Sunday only I got the bacon and blue burger. Ahhhh. It was good but not worth it! I'll have to look for that cheese. ;)
ReplyDelete