My son and I got to take a train ride today. The Union Pacific, my favorite railroad, hosted a free trip on their Safety Train. Even though I am extremely familiar with trains, I actually learned a couple things. It was informative and fun.
This post has nothing to do with food, diet, exercise, but it lifted my spirits considerably! My son enjoyed it, too.
My dad worked for the Union Pacific for over 40 years. When I was a kid, I took a lot of train rides. As an adult, I've taken a few, too. Amtrak is great, but it isn't nearly as fun as the old-fashioned cars that we rode on today. The smell, the rocking, the whistles...took me back to my childhood. I remembered my dad during the entire trip.
Here are some pictures. Isn't it amazing how much my son looks like me?


It is amazing the facial resemblance! Glad you had fun. Very wholesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing the train trip with us Jo :) Glad you both had a great time :) I want so much to go on a train trip (Like a over night one) but LOL not sure I want to sleep in them little spots LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a great night and Keep On Keepin On
Sounds like lots of fun! Glad you had a good time and reflected on positive memories
ReplyDeleteI've never been on a train. Sounds fun. It's on my list!
ReplyDeleteMy best
Sean
Glad you enjoyed it :D You deserve a little bit of goodness, missus!
ReplyDeleteLOL about your son lookiing like you! Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. Getting up before the kids was #1 on today's list and I've done that! yay! May they sleep a long time ;)
ReplyDeleteHAHA He's has your Pink Face! Sounds like a fun day!
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that your son has on a train shirt in the pic.. so cool!
ReplyDelete