I'm sorry. I'm a prolific poster. Can't help it, though. lol
I woke up about 3:30 this morning, somewhere around there. Couldn't sleep anymore. Wandered around the house a bit, decided today I needed to get out of the house. It started raining and I looked out the window at hubby's car. And it hit me: Fear. Sometimes I get a touch agoraphobic. I knew I wouldn't be able to leave the house today. I knew if I needed to get out, I'd have to wait until hubby got off work. And then the tears came.
I sat down at the kitchen table and the flood gates opened. I cried and cried and cried. I have no idea what I was crying about, but I just sobbed. Hubby got up, asked what was wrong, and I told him I didn't know, but it is probably hormonal. He patted me on the back, said sorry, and started his day.
I decided to do something right then. I washed my face, dressed, and grabbed my purse. I told him I was running out to the store real quick. At 5 am. And I did. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but the fear went away. This doesn't happen too often, and it's never stopped me from going. Best way for me to deal with it is to do something. I drove to the convenience store and grabbed a cup of coffee.
When I got home, hubby and I had a long talk. I shared some things I was very frustrated about. So did he. It started out rocky, but got very productive. I'm just sorry our conversation had to end, because it turned out great.
My period was due sometime this week. I don't know if I'm experiencing it now or after effects from the surgery. I do know my hormones threw me for a loop this morning. I am going to keep track of it for three months and then hit up the doctor again if they don't mellow out. The hormones were as bad as the pain/clotting/heaviness, which hopefully has been alleviated. I don't know where that cry came from, but I think it was a good thing. A cathartic release. Got rid of lots of tension and stress. I think sometimes that's one way my body cleanses itself.
I'm at about 85% today--better than yesterday, almost back to normal. It's cleaning day today. The boys have done a good job--my son has done dishes every day, vacuumed a couple times, but the house is missing my touch. It's really missing my touch. So I think I'll get started touching it.
My tummy is better today and I've already eaten my bran flakes/Fiber One breakfast. We'll have the crockpot cheeseburgers tonight, as I didn't feel like eating them last night and hubby wanted leftovers. I am hoping to get back to my salads, which I miss, and more protein. I just haven't felt like eating normally. Hopefully my bland day yesterday has helped my tummy.
I was thinking, if I'd had this surgery before I started making changes, I bet I would have had a lot of shakes and fast food this week. I know I would have. Pizza delivery, too. Fast food used to make everything better--while I ate it. So even though I haven't eaten balanced the past few days, it's sure better than what I used to do.
My family always says I'm a big faucet. I'm a big fan of crying. It sounds like you had a breakthrough of sorts with yourself.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day. Take care of yourself.
I cried when you talked about getting pizza. It brings back a lot of memories. *sniff*
ReplyDeleteCry your little heart out. It's exhausting but so cleansing. Good thing you seem to have a pretty understanding hubs.
ReplyDeletefeel better...that's an order
I imagine you do have some major hormonal things going on; hopefully they will regulate within a short time.
ReplyDelete:)
For me crying is my outlet...for happiness, fear, stress etc. I am glad you and hubby were able to talk through some things.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you needed that cry, so I'm glad you let it all out.
ReplyDeleteBravo for getting up & out even when you didn't want to do it. Small victories can lead us to large one!
I agree with you about the timing. It is easier to fall upon the convenience of delivery & drive thru when you are recovering or sick. It is terrific that you stood strong & stuck with the good stuff.
Wishing you a great week!
A good cry always helps so does a good chat with hubby, glad you had both. Glad you got out today too it always does me some good to get out alone for a few minutes.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a stinkin comment out and it absolutely vanished. Grrrrr......
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you. While I know that the roller coaster of emotions is not a fun ride to be on, I know that it eventually comes to a stop..I'm so grateful for your grasshopper being an outstanding young man, and helpin' his mamma. Serious kudos.
Keep up your great work babe..It keeps shining through.
((HUGS)) It's ok. Cries can be very therapeutic sometimes.
ReplyDeletei love that you ran out at 5am all like 'Look!! See? I'm actually NOT AFRAID!!'. that rocks. and thank you for giving me a boost today. tomorrow's the halfway point of the week and it's going to be another successful one!
ReplyDeleteI saw you had posted something in the wee hours...get some good sleep, Jo!
ReplyDelete