Thank you for all the nice comments you all have left me. They meant a lot to me.
Aside from the scary picture, I didn't want to show my face out of fear. That fear was that one particular person would somehow find my blog. That particular person hurt and traumatized me. Since, I have lived in fear of that person.
My husband has told me for a very long time now to not live in fear. He told me that I need to live my life. I kept saying, but you don't understand. That fear was very real, and with the circumstances, anyone might have felt the same.
Last night I accepted what hubby was saying. I just decided enough was enough. If that person finds me, so what.
Last night I also got over my fear of showing that awful picture. It is what it is. That's how I looked around my house. I did look better when I would go out and about, but that was me. It was scary to do. Very scary.
If I do not learn to face my fears and challenge myself, really push myself, I'll never get anywhere. And I've got places to go, so no holding back!
So no more pink circles from here on out.
This blog is my story, my journey, and no more hiding for me.
No more hiding for me either. ;)
ReplyDeleteIve been slacking on all of my blog reading and WOW! You look so good! I love your picture! :) So nice to see your smiling face! :) Congrats on the circle removal! lol
ReplyDeleteBravo! I am so glad you took such a brave step, I know it was monumental. You are beautiful - inside and out - don't ever forget it! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteGod I just want to throw you a coming out party of sorts lol. Really, so very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteJo, I was the same way. I have a scary ex. The kind of scary ex that made my life a living hell for 6 years of marriage and then followed us even after I had remarried and moved out of state. We finally had to get a restraining order and then moved to another state again. When we were doing our adoption home studies our social worker was an ex cop and he told us how lucky we were to have gotten away from him. I finally feel somewhat safer now in a different country on the other side of the world. But I totally get where you are coming from. I am so proud of you! We do have to balance living our lives and safety, but not when it keeps us from truly living! You are doing great!!! Blessings--Bonnie
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite quotes is from the movie, "Strictly Ballroom". It goes "a life lived in fear is a life half lived". From what I can tell about you fromm your blog is that you are really working hard to change your life and to really begin living it fully. How brave of you to push past your fear.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Edie
Jo, once again you pull out of a potential nose-dive and climb right back up...why would you ever doubt yourself when all your own evidence supports you wholeheartedly?
ReplyDeleteStep into the Light, walk up to the door and bid it open!
Good riddance to pink circles! good advice from the hubby. No more living in fear. Wow. Love this post Jo. Way to go, really. *hugs*
ReplyDeletedo you have any idea how far you've come, how much you have accomplisehd since the beginning of this blog..you continue to astound me and set an example to me.
ReplyDeleteso proud fo you. you step so lightly my friend, but say so much :)
Way to overcome your fear!
ReplyDeleteBravo sweetie, bravo!