A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.24.2009

Our Exercise Today

At 9 this morning, I was lying in bed thinking I really ought to get up and get going. All of a sudden, the door opened! Hubby was home. I flew out of bed. He had taken the rest of the day off work so we could work on our dog run. Surprise!

I had no time for a shower, so I washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, and got dressed. Slammed down my cereal and a cup of coffee and out the door we went. We bought about 350 pavers, which we picked up at a greatly reduced price.

We came home and started to work.

Time to dig up all the remaining sod that the dogs hadn't destroyed and pull weeds. I didn't get a before picture, but this is close. Hubby started working the areas that he and I weeded together, and then I weeded the rest--with a little help from my son. (My son worked his tail off today and actually had fun!)




Simply amazing how you let things get so bad when you're overweight and have no energy. This is rather disgusting, if I do say so myself.

We worked, pulled, hoed, shoveled, trenched, and raked. We bagged, we dumped, we worked our tails off.

Our real work began at 10, and I left at 1 to get Taco John's for hubby and son. While I was out, I bought a foot and a half for me at Subway. I had a 6-inch sub for lunch and a 12-inch for dinner. The boys made their own supper. We took a break from 1 until 2:30 and then worked until a little after 5.

Many times during the day I said, "Many hands make light work." Hubby thought I was directing it at my son and said enough, already. In reality, I was talking to me. I couldn't have done this work a month ago. I sweat. I was so dirty and stinky. I worked my tail off. I was a part of the team.

It felt terrific.

Tomorrow our high is only supposed to be 75. Perfect temp for lots of hard work!

Off to bed for a good night's sleep so we can get this done!



I helped shovel. I can shovel really well. We had 4 ton of 3/4" river bed rock delivered to our driveway. That showed up while I was still in bed.


This is as far as we got tonight. Tomorrow we'll finish the rock, unload the rest of the pavers from the car, and go out and buy stepping stones for a pathway through all this. The dogs love their new area. I can't wait to get it finished!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love days like that. There is nothing better than hard work and getting things done! Good job Jo--and hubby and son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What team work! You guys did a great job on that space. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing work - well done all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I helped build a house one year...I learned the joy of Advil!
    Hard, sweaty, honest work is great therapy. And good weather just for you, Jo!
    Onward and downward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot. the yard project sounds like just what you needed :D looking good!

    hope the weather stays good for the rest :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to be productive and rack up the activity points! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete