A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.15.2009

It Was a Stressful Week

I don't know how it turned out that way, but it was a pretty stressful week. I feel the stress in my back, shoulders. Sigh. Notice my empty exercise chart? That's now how we deal with stress, is it???!!!!!

Yesterday the cable company called and needed in the house to check out the two new cable boxes we got. Then the city called and needed to replace our meter in our house.

Most people don't stress about such silly things, but I hate having people in my home. It's like a violation of my space. And actually it's not people, it's just people I haven't invited. lol They were both here a total of 10 minutes, and very nice, but I didn't like it!

Hubby took the afternoon off to install the new faucet and set up the new printer. Neither task got completed yesterday, but the printer is working now. Oh my gosh, is it heaven. Wireless printing, laser, duplexing...I'll save paper! It is amazing. Of course that means I have to get school planned out now. Ugh. We start in three weeks. I know everyone else is going, but our school district starts in September, and we follow their schedule. I'm overjoyed because I'm not quite ready to start, but I'm getting closer to it, looking forward to the routine.

Yesterday, my tummy changed. It got all soft. When I was getting ready for my shower, I looked at it in the mirror. I have this big line that goes from my bellybutton down that wasn't there before. I showed my husband and we both had a good laugh, because I told him: It looks like a butt! And it does! He joked that I should not wear low-cut jeans because I'd have two butt cracks showing.

If you can't have humor on this journey, you'll never make it. At least I won't. I sure won't be wearing low riders (ever!) as I'm all about MOM jeans. lol

I am scared to death I'll have that apron skin thing going on when I'm done. If I do, I do. I sure don't want it. My son said, "But mom, you can have a tummy tuck. Do you know what that is?" lol Oh yeah, I know. The only tummy tuck I'll ever have is tucking excess skin into my pants.

I've definitely got some flabby skin going on in the inner thigh area. Ugh. It may shrink over time. I just don't know.

I will have to look at it as a badge of courage, though. I named my blog with my high weight so I would never forget what it was like. If I get excess skin, may it be a reminder of what I was, and to NEVER get there again. So I guess it should be viewed with pride and determination.

11 comments:

  1. I get all skeeved out having contractors in my house too. It's not that I don't trust them...I just always feel sort of violated. Some people even let people work in their houses when they're not home. I can't imagine that.

    And take it from a veteran, your skin is going to change a lot on the way down. It'll tighten up and sag again in cycles. Try not to get all perfectionist about it. Patience will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Lacey. I've been looking at your blog now and then, and wanted to leave a comment. I'm doing WW too, and our starting weights are very similar. I just started a blog about my journey... i'mlosingitlkb.blogspot.com. I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog list there. I like your mindset on your excess skin, I have the same fears, but your outlook is encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I listed my link wrong. It is just losingitlkb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @ 2 butt cracks.
    I'm not looking forward to the skin thing either but you never know ... could turn out better than we hope in time.
    I don't like people in the house either but I'm messy and it stresses me out to have people see it.
    Have a great weekend Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are looking at it like that! Is it particularily pretty... hell, no! But, is it a billion times better than having it all filled in? That, my friend, would be a resounding YES!!! Congrats on your second butt crack; I look forward to earning my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Yes, our bodies change tremendously with the weight and in my case having three children! Wondering how it will all turn out at goal? :) Who knows, but I look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excess skin will be a true sign of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My highest point, several years ago, was 340. I'm now 250, so 90 lbs gone. Dude...I've already got the excess skin, and still have 70 more lbs to go!!! To give you an example, my upper arms look like bat wings. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Losing the weight is the hard part. Dealing with excess skin, no matter what your plan, is going to be so much easier than walking around with excess fat. My body is starting to look really weird too, portions are deflating and leaving skin behind, other parts are just going with the loss and appear normal. It is really bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *giggles* two bum cracks?

    i have some flabby skin too.. thigh area and upper arms. im taking it as positive sign they're shrinking. deal with the excess skin when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea, the whole flabby skin stuff is hard. I know I'm struggling with it a lot right now. I try not to be to hard on myself but sometimes it's tough. Hopefully as time goes on we can all except ourselves better.

    ReplyDelete